Windows 10: EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop

Discus and support EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since yesterday, July 6, 2020, I am suddenly having a Notepad message appearing on my screen. The file name is "EULA.txt" and the message in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken2008Gee, Jul 7, 2020.

1. EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop

Since yesterday, July 6, 2020, I am suddenly having a Notepad message appearing on my screen.

The file name is "EULA.txt" and the message in the notepad is:

<html><head><meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=/index.html"></head>

<body>

<title></title>

</body></html>

Does anyone know what this is and how to stop this from occurring? I have found that EULA.txt are common for many applications, but no answer to my particular situation.

I am running Windows 10 Home on an ASUS laptop Intel Core i7-10510U

:)

Ken2008Gee, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Partzzz Win User

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

Hi,
    After last night my icons were suddenly arranged as if in list mode (as if you had clicked ctrl+alt+6 on the desktop)
    now that its been put back, then this random scrollbar has appeared to the right and i cannot seem to get rid of it, please help !

EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Patrick

Partzzz, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Zelda88 Win User
    desktop.ini file desktop suddenly appearing on my desktop

I am trying to find out why I have desktop.ini files and multiple shell files for excel and word documents suddenly appearing on my desktop right after the latest Windows 10 update a few days ago?

Zelda88, Jul 7, 2020
  4. EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop

Windows 10 - Icons appear on Desktop but not Desktop Folder

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that desktop icon shortcuts does not appear in the Desktop folder in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop

1. EULA.txt suddenly appears on desktop - Similar Threads - EULA txt suddenly

2. Debug. Txt desktop file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Debug. Txt desktop file: So, i was using my laptop yesterday and came upon a suspicious looking file on my desktop named “Debug.txt” I decided not to open it as I suspect it is a virus. I ran multiple Windows Defender scans and nothing showed up. I have not downloaded anything of late and therefore...
  3. EULA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EULA: I recently updated the Trusteer software recommended as a banking security. Immediately after the update my pc literally stopped working. I couldn't shut down the browser I was in, clicked on task manager nothing, tried to restore email window which was minimized, no go....
  4. Windows EULA questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows EULA questions: Hello, I have some questions about the Windows 10 OEM EULA. Firstly, what does section 2 subsection C restriction VII mean. What is considered unauthorized data. Does that mean like information of minors and illegal product keys, or does it mean data like illegal music and...
  5. A txt file keep appearing in My Documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A txt file keep appearing in My Documents.: It's been happening for a while and I'm not sure what it is but txt files keep appearing in My Documents. At the moment there a four of them named:- drag-and-drop-1593438090635.txt drag-and-drop-1593516952752.txt drag-and-drop-1593517159946.txt...
  6. editors suddenly will not save other than in txt format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    editors suddenly will not save other than in txt format: Hi everyone. Suddenly I am unable to save notepad docs in the save as format. I try, only to discover they are in txt format. I try again, thinking I forgot to select "all files" why ya can't set a preference for saving and opening is beyond me and oddly, it asks me if I...
  7. eula

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    eula: question regarding eula. and product key. I have software requiring the use of a virtual machine (specifically VMware player ) can I use my exsisting OS win 10pro64 and its product key in a virtual machine as well as my physical pc at the same time or does this violate...
  8. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...
  9. Eula and install files that have appeared since upgrading to 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Eula and install files that have appeared since upgrading to 10.: A list of 9 eula. and 11 install.res related files, a globdata file and three VC-RED files have appeared in my E drive as 'Files at drive root' My main drive is my C drive, and during upgrading I disconnected the E drive. They are not large files but I can't help...
  10. Windows 10 EULA

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 EULA: My present computer which has Windows 10 purchased from the Windows shop. I want to replace my motherboard and i5 processor for a faster i7. My question is can I install the Windows 10 that I had onm my i5 computer or will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 to remain...