Windows 10: evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year..

Discus and support evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys, my evaluation copy expires july 16th 2019 0:59 what does this mean? Are we going to pay per year as MS wants us to do right now with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Dec 27, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year..

hey guys,

my evaluation copy expires july 16th 2019 0:59

what does this mean?

Are we going to pay per year as MS wants us to do right now with Office 2016, Office 365?

Jimbo, i know you bought Office 2016...my guess to avoid paying every year.

But what if MS offers another Office, say 2019 and does not update Office 2016 anymore?

Because right now Office 2013 is a pain where you do not want it.

Search does not work as should.

Functions do not work as should either.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

about windows 10

the offer last a year. As long as you install the upgrade be 29th July
    2016 it is free for the supported life of the device.

you will not be asked to pay for it, it will not expire.

Martmcd, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Why is the "Water Mark" back in my Windows 10 Insider Evaluation version build 10525?

I thought either at or before build 10240 the water mark showing the build number was removed from the Windows 10 Insider Evaluation version.

Further, why is there a note about an expiration date of 7/15/2016? Does that mean I will lose my dual boot version of Windows 10 in July of next year?

ThomasAckley, Dec 27, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

I assume you are talking about Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082.
    Microsoft will continue to release new versions of Insider Preview. It won't let the current version expire without a new release. That's one area you don't have to worry about.
    Besides, 2019 is 3 years from now. By that time, who knows what has become of Windows 10 ?

davidhk, Dec 27, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    The OP is referring to Microsoft Office. Not sure which version of Office though.

NavyLCDR, Dec 27, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    Where do you get a MS Office evaluation copy that expires 3 years from now ?

The OP is just using MS Office 365 as an example.
    That's how I read it.

davidhk, Dec 27, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Who knows what the OP is actually talking about. The title of the thread says evaluation copy expires July 16th 2016....

In any case, it just floors me when people complain about their evaluation copies having expiration dates. Evaluation copies are for EVALUATION not permanent use.

NavyLCDR, Dec 27, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

OK. The OP's title said July 16th 2016.
    I failed to notice that.

davidhk, Dec 27, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Yes. I tend to be on your side in this topic.

davidhk, Dec 27, 2015
  10. jeffrys Win User
    Hey David,

True, and i am not looking to use Windows 10 for free for the rest of my live.

But do not like to pay every year, let's say $50 for Win 10 and again for Office 365. Since i have 7 licences that would become a huge amount per year of $700.

What i meant with that is: one can buy Office 2016 and in 3 years from now, MS can offer Office 2019. It would cost us again.

But at least one would have a choice, certainly with Office.

And who is making a lot of money with the downloads we all do?

Jeff

Just info, my username should be jeff_rys, but at the time i became a member (Windows7 and so one), this was not possible.

jeffrys, Dec 28, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    If you are now using Windows 10 RTM ( the final released that came out on July 29th, this year ), and if it is activated, it is good for life.
    NO. You do not have to pay extra to continue using Windows 10.
    In fact, you can reinstall Windows 10 in the same computer as often as you want and whenever you want. There is no time restriction.

If you are running an Insider Preview build, Microsoft is, at least for now, continuing to develop new builds. Insiders will continue to receive new builds from Microsoft. You never will find yourself stuck with an expired copy and no new build in sight. That is not going to happen. Your worry is, in my opinion, unfounded. Not sure where you get this "expired" idea.

davidhk, Dec 28, 2015
  12. jeffrys Win User
    Hey David,

included where i got it from and yes i am on the Insider Preview Build, last one.

evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year.. [​IMG]

Jeff

jeffrys, Dec 28, 2015
  13. lx07 Win User

If you run slmgr /xpr from command prompt it should say permanently activated. Just means you have to upgrade to a new build before next summer.

14. NavyLCDR New Member
    and if it says permanently activated the OP can also go back to the RTM build (10586) and not have an expiration date. The OP is also concerned about having to pay for Office every year - hmm, I haven't been required to purchase MS office since I paid for my first version of Office 2007 which is still installed on one of my computers. I have since chosen to pay for Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 - none of which have expiration dates.

NavyLCDR, Dec 28, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    OK.
    Hopefully your question or concern has been answered.

Happy New Year.

davidhk, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

1. evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year.. - Similar Threads - evaluation copy expires

2. We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay it: We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft it is 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay for it. This is our credit card statement 28/05/2023 05:47 kortele...411384 MSFT *E0100NIIW9/MSBILL.INFO/IRL #824461What is this ? For what we are paying ?...
  3. We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay it: We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft it is 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay for it. This is our credit card statement 28/05/2023 05:47 kortele...411384 MSFT *E0100NIIW9/MSBILL.INFO/IRL #824461What is this ? For what we are paying ?...
  4. We saw unexpected charges from Microsoft 24.93€/ per month we dont know why we have to pay it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Evaluation copy?

Evaluation copy?: On my desktop, at the bottom right of the screen, there is some text that says "Evaluation Copy". My Windows IS activated. so why would it say this? it doesnt say anything about windows not being activated, it just says what i mentioned. [ATTACH]...
  6. Evaluation Copy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Evaluation Copy: This morning I turn on my laptop and on the bottom right hand side of the desktop it says " Windows Pro 10. Evaluation copy. Build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528. What is this? Do I need to do anything to get rid of it or is it safe to leave alone?...
  7. Evaluation copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Evaluation copy: There was a brief update today. The first snip shows the area just above the taskbar; the second shows the result from Winver. What does it mean that this 'evaluation' copy expires in December? Will I need to purchase another copy? My version was not evaluation before...
  8. OneDrive Message Center Updates July 16th - July 31st

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 16th - July 31st: We are excited to announce these updates to the OneDrive service this month. We’ll be releasing some great improvements to the OneDrive Android apps and we’ve reorganized our documentation to make it easier for you to find answers and stay on top of things. We also have an...
  9. Windows 10 Evaluation Copy Expiration

Windows 10 Evaluation Copy Expiration: Just happened to notice when I was checking my latest version is an expiration date.??? It seems to me I remember that we will continue to receive updates. 38309
  10. Windows App Studio July 16th 2016 release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows App Studio July 16th 2016 release: Hope everyone is having an awesome summer now that we’re kicking into those late July days. We just released a very fun and impactful update to Windows App Studio that will allow you to incorporate a much broader range of information into your apps. So let’s jump right in....