Windows 10: Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

Discus and support Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; From past few weeks I am facing issues regarding sign in, in my laptop Windows 11. After opening the laptop, it asks for fingerprint and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adisarth Kharade, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

From past few weeks I am facing issues regarding sign in, in my laptop Windows 11. After opening the laptop, it asks for fingerprint and after providing fingerprint it asks for the pin to sign in. But earlier it was perfectly fine, I could sign in into my laptop using my fingerprint. Please help me to fix this issue.

:)

Adisarth Kharade, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Sep 28, 2022
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. Pippa 100 Win User

Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go through this extra step to use my fingerprint to sign-in. How do I get my fingerprint as the default option to sign-in as I had using Windows 10.

Pippa 100, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

1. Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in. - Similar Threads - giving fingerprint asks

2. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.: Dear friends, I'm constantly inconvenienced by the way Windows Hello works. It is not always possible to authorize by fingerprint the first time after reboot, 2-3 unsuccessful attempts and Windows requires to enter PIN. Is there any technical possibility in Windows 10 to...
  3. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.: Dear friends, I'm constantly inconvenienced by the way Windows Hello works. It is not always possible to authorize by fingerprint the first time after reboot, 2-3 unsuccessful attempts and Windows requires to enter PIN. Is there any technical possibility in Windows 10 to...
  4. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop: For some reason, suddenly everytime I open my laptop, it promps me to sign into my outlook account to unlock the computer. Before I would enter my pin or scan my fingerprint. I have tried resetting the computer. Why would I suddenly need to sign into my email to get into my...
  6. Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop

Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop: For some reason, suddenly everytime I open my laptop, it promps me to sign into my outlook account to unlock the computer. Before I would enter my pin or scan my fingerprint. I have tried resetting the computer. Why would I suddenly need to sign into my email to get into my...
  7. sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten: i recently changed my device login pin , I have already added my fingerprint, but on lock screen on choosing sign in method as pingerprint it is not signing in by fingerprint nor by Ms account password , it is again ann again asking for pin...
  8. sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten

sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten: i recently changed my device login pin , I have already added my fingerprint, but on lock screen on choosing sign in method as pingerprint it is not signing in by fingerprint nor by Ms account password , it is again ann again asking for pin...
  9. Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.: From past few weeks I am facing issues regarding sign in, in my laptop Windows 11. After opening the laptop, it asks for fingerprint and after providing fingerprint it asks for the pin to sign in. But earlier it was perfectly fine, I could sign in into my laptop using my...
  10. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...