Windows 10: Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

Discus and support Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jishnu_Bala [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jishnu_Bala, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

/u/Jishnu_Bala, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

Bree, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

Start Menu does not show applications installed

My windows version is 1607 (OS Build 14393.1198)

In my settings => personalization => Start I don't have the option show application list in start menu.

Anand_Sheth, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

1. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu - Similar Threads - uninstalling application still

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  4. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  5. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  6. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...
  7. Application stays on start menu after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application stays on start menu after uninstalling: So I installed Phantasy Star online 2 from the Microsoft Store, had problems with it and just decided to uninstall it. But its still on my start menu and there's no shortcut file in the Startmenu/Programs folder. When i right click on it the only options are more and...
  8. Freemake Converter option Still showing up in Right-click Menu even after I uninstalled the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freemake Converter option Still showing up in Right-click Menu even after I uninstalled the...: A while ago, I had Freemake Video converter downloaded, but it was not what I was looking for so I uninstalled it. Now I realize there is still a menu option showing up when I right-click on a sound or video file. It is uninstalled and I even deleted the extra bits leftover...
  9. Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion: Hi, I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games). On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine. Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still...
  10. Item still in start menu after uninstall

Item still in start menu after uninstall: Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu. No clue how to remove it as it's not installed and none of the files from it are left... Edit: You know those blonde...