Windows 10: even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

Discus and support even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have always hibernated my computer when I am done using it during the day or at night. Since the 1809 update, every time I hibernate my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bearcat63, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bearcat63 Win User

even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

I have always hibernated my computer when I am done using it during the day or at night. Since the 1809 update, every time I hibernate my computer when I'm done with it, when I reboot it later it automatically goes through a lengthy restart and does not go back to where I had left off. Can someone tell me how to get back to normal hibernate without the restart each time?

:)

Bearcat63, Jul 23, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Jul 23, 2019
  4. even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

Windows 10 hibernate

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with windows 10 hibernation.

I'm performing the following steps :

1) put my computer in hibernate mode.

2) press the power key.

upon pressing the power key my computer will turn on for a moment and will shutdown automatically.

When I press the power button again it will restart instead on resuming hibernation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhav Kansara, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

1. even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10 - Similar Threads - though hibernate computer

2. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  3. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  4. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  7. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  8. Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.: Hello, I have windows 10 and recently started using an Ethernet connection.I keep my cable plugged in, but everytime i hibernate or restart my PC, the ethernet is not detected.The only way to get the ethernet connection working again is to physically remove the cable and plug...
  9. every time I restart my computer there is a file created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time I restart my computer there is a file created: I try to delete those files but when I restart it again, it appears again, It created an Extention in every browser on my computer, is this a virus?the extension looks like this...
  10. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reinstalls every time computer restarts