Windows 10: even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

Discus and support even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have always hibernated my computer when I am done using it during the day or at night. Since the 1809 update, every time I hibernate my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bearcat63, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bearcat63 Win User

even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

I have always hibernated my computer when I am done using it during the day or at night. Since the 1809 update, every time I hibernate my computer when I'm done with it, when I reboot it later it automatically goes through a lengthy restart and does not go back to where I had left off. Can someone tell me how to get back to normal hibernate without the restart each time?

:)

Bearcat63, Jul 23, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Jul 23, 2019
  4. even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

Windows 10 hibernate

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with windows 10 hibernation.

I'm performing the following steps :

1) put my computer in hibernate mode.

2) press the power key.

upon pressing the power key my computer will turn on for a moment and will shutdown automatically.

When I press the power button again it will restart instead on resuming hibernation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vaibhav Kansara, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10

1. even though I hibernate, my computer restarts every time i turn it on - windows 10 - Similar Threads - though hibernate computer

2. Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some of the users have told us that their Windows computer boots to the BIOS automatically every time they turn it on. Even if they exit the BIOS and restart, it again boots into the BIOS. In this post, we [...] This post Windows computer boots to the BIOS...
  3. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts: Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By this I mean the keyboard clearly works, it lights up and the enter & esc keys work... but all the other keys are locked.This...
  4. windows 10 makes a connection noise every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 makes a connection noise every time I turn it on: Windows 10 Pro Build 17134.rs4_release.180410-1804 I'm not connecting / disconnecting anything, but every time I start windows, it makes the "hardware connected" noise. I'm wondering if there is some way of logging the connections / disconnections so I can find out what...
  5. My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Sleeps even though I told it not to: Hello everyone. I have a problem concerning my laptop sleeping. In my power options, I have set it not to sleep, when charging or not. But when I ask it to sleep manually, every time I open it and leave it idle, it sleeps. The problem goes away when I restart my laptop but...
  6. Skype pops-up every time I turn on my Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype pops-up every time I turn on my Surface: I am in very desperate needs and I keep trying to talk to a representative A.K.A (a real life person) so i can close Skype because every time i shut down my surface it pops up when i turn it back on and sign in. * Moved from MSN * Original title: MICROSOFT ACCOUNT...
  7. windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart: after updating windows 10. every time I turn on my laptop, I Have to add my home hidden wifi network, it connects for one time and it appears with the name followed by a number for each time I connect. I checked the option for connecting even if the network is not...
  8. Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets: A quick google search just lands me in tutorials on how to disable background apps in general. All of my other privacy settings are saved except for this one edit: I also noticed that apps appear and disappear on this page. For example, I have the Verizon Messages app...
  9. BSOD every time i turn my pc on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time i turn my pc on: my pc has been giving me bsod ever since i installed win10 on it, it happens with every boot, sometimes it displays a bsod, and other times just a black screen when windows starts to load, after that, it restarts on it's own or simply shuts down. After booting it for the 2nd...
  10. External devices broken every time I restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External devices broken every time I restart: I have a Surface Pro 3. I've had it for a year, came with Windows 8 (or 8.1 - can't recall). Upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked fine. Sometime in the last 2 months, pretty much every time I reboot, or put the computer in sleep mode, etc, ANY external device stops...