Windows 10: Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease.

Discus and support Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease. Windows update cache is empty.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aydoğan Otomotiv, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease.

Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease. Windows update cache is empty.

:)

Aydoğan Otomotiv, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 30, 2023
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease.

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease.

1. Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease. - Similar Threads - though update files

2. Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease.: Even though Windows update files are deleted, this size does not decrease. Windows update cache is empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/even-though-windows-update-files-are-deleted-this/3fa1a01b-21e4-492b-8c45-238e575b3bff
  3. battery decrease even though the laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery decrease even though the laptop shut down: i will upload the screenshot of my battery usage for the last 7 daysas you can see on april 4 the battery decreasing, i never use my laptop on that date. Also the "screen on daily average 20h 48min" i never use my laptop for that long daily, its only 2-5 hours daily. can...
  4. battery decrease even though the laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery decrease even though the laptop shut down: i will upload the screenshot of my battery usage for the last 7 daysas you can see on april 4 the battery decreasing, i never use my laptop on that date. Also the "screen on daily average 20h 48min" i never use my laptop for that long daily, its only 2-5 hours daily. can...
  5. Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin: Recently, I have not been able to change or delete files on my pc. I have looked it up, and going in to properties of the file and giving myself permissions either doesnt work on some files or the option to change it is grayed out. For example, I tried to move Program...
  6. disk size decreases in a sudden

disk size decreases in a sudden: Hello community, greetings, I have a question about my disk size which decreases in a sudden, here is the condition and chronology; Conditions: - my HDD separated into 3 parts: C system, E, F. - I noticed my C size is about 30GB left from 194Gb and has blue bar...
  7. Application to decrease window size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application to decrease window size: This might be a strange question and I'm not sure if this is the right sub. If there's a better one I would appreciate if you could tell me. I have derealization which results in constant tunnel vision. I need to study on my pc but concentrating on my 24" monitor is really...
  8. Brightness does not change even after increasing or decreasing it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness does not change even after increasing or decreasing it: Brightness does not change even after increasing or decreasing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-does-not-change-even-after-increasing/690c641c-5548-42ff-a2ad-c08ab9e650b2
  9. Can't delete a file even though I own it

Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....
  10. Decreasing font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Decreasing font size: How do I decrease the font size on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/decreasing-font-size/1fafafc5-cd47-4a13-8714-b92277ed8e9d