Windows 10: Even when my Mic is muted and audio on my headset is zero, my mic plays all audio coming...

Discus and support Even when my Mic is muted and audio on my headset is zero, my mic plays all audio coming... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any advice is helpful thx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronTaylor_421, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Even when my Mic is muted and audio on my headset is zero, my mic plays all audio coming...

Any advice is helpful thx

:)

AaronTaylor_421, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Headset mic plays internal pc sounds

I might have been deafening everyone I play with on discord w/o know until a friend told me today. The mic just transmits the game audio, video audio, music audio that I run into it and it sounds horrible, not even quality transmission whenn I called myself from another computer to check.

I googled around and saw some people having the same problems 1-6 years back, but either the fixes doesn't apply to my system or it doesn't work.
    -I do have the latest Realtek audio driver downloaded since I built my PC 3 weeks ago.
    -People said to go into mic settings for noise cancellation (VoizReal Exp tab) and muting stereo mix tab, but I do not have any of those settings.
    -microphone-Properties-"Advanced" tab-"Exclusive Mode" Section-"Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is disabled, I have this setting but it did not matter if it was on or off.

-My PC case has separated audio and mic, so I also bought an adapter for my headset if that matters, since my headset works on my MacBook air perfectly with audio+mic jack all in one.
    (PC have so many issues -.-)

Thank for any help in advance, please save my friends' ears.

kwizzlegamer, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Even when my Mic is muted and audio on my headset is zero, my mic plays all audio coming...

Corsair Void Headset - No MIC Audio

I have a Corsair VOID USB gaming headset and for some reason since switching to Windows 10, I can't get the MIC to work. I can hear fine, but can't talk. It worked fine on Windows 7, and works fine on another computer.

I have the latest drivers and control software installed from Corsair, and if I really fiddle with it I am able to get the MIC audio to work in my DAW (Ableton Live 10 sound recording software), but it won't work anywhere else like Skype, which is really where I need it.

Any suggestions?

Gurn Blanston, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Even when my Mic is muted and audio on my headset is zero, my mic plays all audio coming...

1. Even when my Mic is muted and audio on my headset is zero, my mic plays all audio coming... - Similar Threads - Mic muted audio

2. my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.: when I am watching a video or playing a game my mic on my headset picks up small sounds from all media that I play I already tried Updating/Rollbacking DriversMuting other input microphones like stereo mixMuting other output devices...
  3. my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.: when I am watching a video or playing a game my mic on my headset picks up small sounds from all media that I play I already tried Updating/Rollbacking DriversMuting other input microphones like stereo mixMuting other output devices...
  4. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  5. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  6. Computer audio is connected to my mic, even when muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer audio is connected to my mic, even when muted.: When i factory reset my PC, it would seem like the update or something towards the audio has connect the computer audio towards my mic. The problem is this is that, whenever im playing a game or watching a video, the mic will automatically picks up the computer audio, I am...
  7. Computer audio is connected to my mic, even when muted.

Computer audio is connected to my mic, even when muted.: When i factory reset my PC, it would seem like the update or something towards the audio has connect the computer audio towards my mic. The problem is this is that, whenever im playing a game or watching a video, the mic will automatically picks up the computer audio, I am...
  8. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  9. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  10. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input: I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I...