Windows 10: Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

Discus and support Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Several utilities from Nirsoft.net are known to produce malware false positives. But I want to use some of them anyway, so I knew I'd have to disable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thenin, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

Several utilities from Nirsoft.net are known to produce malware false positives. But I want to use some of them anyway, so I knew I'd have to disable my Avast anti-malware tool as well as Windows Defender. I did all that, but whenever I try to install or merely extract one such .exe file, it always and immediately gets deleted!

So I disabled Defender completely in the Group Editor, rebooted, and tried again. Same result.

So I put Avast in Passive mode, rebooted, and tried again. Same result.

So I completely uninstalled Avast, rebooted, and tried again. Same result.

So I tried disabling my firewall, even though I'd disabled all anti-malware long ago. Same result! *Mad

How can this be happening with no anti-malware running at all? I re-downloaded both the installer version and the portable zip version a few times, but after installing it, the .exe file immediately disappears. Likewise when I try extracting the .exe from the zip file -- it never shows up. I've tested the integrity of the files and they're all perfect.

The NirSoft utility I'm trying to use is called WebBrowserPassView. I'm struggling to export the login passwords from the Chrome browser. Many sites claim you can export Chrome's passwords if you change one or two Flags and press the "Export passwords" button, but that absolutely does not wok for me. When I follow those directions, Chrome reports that there ARE no saved passwords, which is undeniably false.

So after trying several procedures that all failed, I turned to WebBrowserPassView, which always "magically" vanishes every time!

Why is this happening, even with no anti-malware running?

:)

Thenin, Oct 22, 2018
  2. asrok Win User

Which Anti-Malware Program, please

hi, do i run/turn on ( NOT SCAN )
    kaspersky pure AND win fire wall, and win defender, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free or full paid version .
    all at once ?? ta ..

*Confused Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes :confused:*Frown Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes :(*Respect :respect:

asrok, Oct 22, 2018
  3. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

Jsssssssss, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

1. Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes - Similar Threads - without Defender anti

2. Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler: Hi. While I'm browsing the Task Scheduler, I just noticed another file popping out. It's called "AntiMalwareSericeExe" but the word "Service" is misspelled as "Serice."I don't know if this is some kind of malware because it triggers every hour. here is an image:Is it a legit...
  3. misspelled Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    misspelled Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler: Hi. While I'm browsing the Task Scheduler, I just noticed another file popping out. It's called "AntiMalwareSericeExe" but the word "Service" is misspelled as "Serice."I don't know if this is some kind of malware because it triggers every hour. here is an image:Is it a legit...
  4. misspelled Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    misspelled Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler: Hi. While I'm browsing the Task Scheduler, I just noticed another file popping out. It's called "AntiMalwareSericeExe" but the word "Service" is misspelled as "Serice."I don't know if this is some kind of malware because it triggers every hour. here is an image:Is it a legit...
  5. misspelled Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Defender is off even after uninstalling the Anti-Malware program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender is off even after uninstalling the Anti-Malware program: My Defender is turned off due to another program being installed, I have uinstalled the program, but still sys your it has turned off your defender. If I run a "fresh start" will it bring it back on.[Original Title: Defender]...
  7. Anti-Malware along with Windows Defender

Anti-Malware along with Windows Defender: Just purchased 11th gen Dell aio. What anti-virus works best with Windows Defender? Thanks. Jim [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-malware-along-with-windows-defender/dd341246-3ada-4d63-b129-011e54186520
  8. Anti malware

Anti malware: I have Windows 10. I think my computer is infected with malware. I ran malwarebytes and it did not show anything. When i scanned using windows defender, it showed potentially unwanted app PUA...piriform bundler. I have no idea what it is. I tried "Actions" to remove, but...
  9. Anti-malware

Anti-malware: My computer has been acting real buggy. Lagging a lot. Windows Defender doesn't find anything. Is there a better anti-malware I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-malware/76a2edee-f716-424e-ad5f-9873a1c0ffa8"
  10. Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes

in Windows 10 Support
    Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes: Several utilities from Nirsoft.net are known to produce malware false positives. But I want to use some of them anyway, so I knew I'd have to disable my Avast anti-malware tool as well as Windows Defender. I did all that, but whenever I try to install or merely extract one...