Windows 10: event 161, volmgr

Discus and support event 161, volmgr in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought this asus GL502VSK a few years ago and out of the box it had issues where during gaming it would freeze and the restart. As of the new Path of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Veksar86, Sep 21, 2020.

1. event 161, volmgr

I bought this asus GL502VSK a few years ago and out of the box it had issues where during gaming it would freeze and the restart. As of the new Path of Exile league it is doing it even more. I did some research and pulled this event code. I flashed the bios as mine was outdated, no help. I also ran the command sfc /scannow and then DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. A website I found said to run both but that did nothing. Not sure where to go from here. It doesn't do it at all when just browsing the web or streaming. Only when gaming. Any help is appreciated. ty

submitted by /u/Veksar86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Veksar86, Sep 21, 2020
  2. netdudeuk Win User

Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

I installed the update yesterday (64 bit / i7-6700K CPU / 32GB RAM, enough free disc space) and since then I have had issues with shutdowns/reboots being very slow.

Amongst other things, I have -

• ran the Power Troubleshooter
    • ran SFC / SCANNOW
    • verified that \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management equals 0
    • ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • changed Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout to 0
    No issues were identified.

I also now see the following events logged in the System Event log -

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. - Source - volmgr / Event ID 161

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

netdudeuk, Sep 21, 2020
  3. nckbnnk Win User
    Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161)

Hello everyone,

Since a few days I have a lot of issues with my Windows 10 PC. When I'm using my PC it randomly restarts out of nowhere. I get no warning and I don't do heavy tasks when the error occurs. I don't think that there is a consistency either. For example I just
    got it 3 times in 15 - 20 minutes when surfing the web. But earlier today I was gaming (Battlefield V, so quite a heavy game) for 1.5 hours without a problem at all. The temperate of the CPU was under 60*C the whole time and the GPU reached 70*C at its top.

When I go to the event viewer I see a critical error (Windows restarted without cleaning it correcly) which is a logical error because it just shuts down from nowhere. And just before that I get: Volmgr with event 161. I can't find a log that goes into more
    details.

Is this a known issue or does someone know why this happens and what I can try? Is it possible that I can fix this with a factory reset?

Specs:

Asus Strix GTX 970

Ryzen 2600X

16GB DDR4

nckbnnk, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Krikkits Win User

event 161, volmgr

Event 161 Volmgr causes error and shuts down computer shortly after

Lately my computer would often shut itself down, I checked the event viewer and the following always happens:

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Log Name: System

Source: Volmgr

Event ID: 161

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

This is then followed by:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Source: Kernel-Power

Event ID: 41

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

Is my hardware at fault? This is a brand new laptop that I've only had for less than half a year. It usually happens when I put my computer to sleep. It shuts down during sleep for no reason and it's been happening for a few weeks now. I can't find a working
    solution anywhere. Will a clean install help at all?

Krikkits, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

event 161, volmgr

1. event 161, volmgr - Similar Threads - event 161 volmgr

2. Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr: Hi there everyone. I recently had a BSOD while playing a game. I really don´t know what may have caused it. All I did was playing a game and watching a video on YouTube at the same time and my PC crashed. First both screens froze and then screen 1 main went to BSOD screen....
  3. BSOD - volmgr 161, then Kernel-Power 41

BSOD - volmgr 161, then Kernel-Power 41: My computer has crashed twice this week with the BSOD. The unit is barely 3 weeks old. I'd bought a new computer because my older computer had the same exact issue. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit. Here are screenshots from the Event Manager. It looks like my system is not...
  4. Random BSOD Event ID 161 volmgr followed by Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

Random BSOD Event ID 161 volmgr followed by Event ID 41 Kernel-Power: I'm getting random BSOD. Tried Several things like sfc/scannow even did clean windows install but BSOD continues [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Specs CPU - Intel i7 7th gen Ram - 16GB+4GB SSD - Crucial p1 NVME 500GB HDD - WD 2TB...
  5. volmgr.sy error 161

in Windows 10 Customization
    volmgr.sy error 161: Olá bem eu estou enfrentando um problema com crash envolvendo 3 erros de tela azul no win10 irql_not_less_or_equal acontece com mais frequência principalmente jogando qualquer jogo memory_management video_dxgkrnl_fatal ocorreu uma vez entre os outros E o erro que aparece...
  6. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161: Hello, My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running. The CPU...
  7. hibernate problem event 45 volmgr

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate problem event 45 volmgr: whenever I try to hibernate my PC, I get the event 45 volmgr error in event logger, and the system returns to lock screen. There are two ways to reproduce: 1. Manually clicking "hibernate" in power menu; 2. Automatically as usually happens after the system sleeps for the...
  8. Extremely random crashes on gaming laptop (Event ID 41 and 161)

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely random crashes on gaming laptop (Event ID 41 and 161): Hi! I stumbled upon this website while trying to find solutions to these problems I've been having on my laptop for a really really long time now. It probably started like 6 months ago. My laptop would suddenly crash when playing very random games (Like ONLY in specific...
  9. Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update: I installed the update yesterday (64 bit / i7-6700K CPU / 32GB RAM, enough free disc space) and since then I have had issues with shutdowns/reboots being very slow. Amongst other things, I have - ran the Power Troubleshooter ran SFC / SCANNOW verified that...
  10. Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161)

Windows keeps crashing (Volmgr event 161): Hello everyone, Since a few days I have a lot of issues with my Windows 10 PC. When I'm using my PC it randomly restarts out of nowhere. I get no warning and I don't do heavy tasks when the error occurs. I don't think that there is a consistency either. For example I just...