Windows 10: Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts

Discus and support Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a r7 3700x, 2070 super, 16gb 3600 Gskill system that has been going strong for 2 years. About 2 weeks ago I started getting random silent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jake Love1, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts

I have a r7 3700x, 2070 super, 16gb 3600 Gskill system that has been going strong for 2 years. About 2 weeks ago I started getting random silent reboots where it would shut off and immediately turn back on. I bought a new PSU so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Really have no idea what's going on but it is quite annoying.I've been getting this error message from event view:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy Err

:)

Jake Love1, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Fatima_J Win User

WHEA logger, event 18

Hi iRicked ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum.

I hope you're doing well today.

I truly understand that you are having an issue with your PC that crashed out while playing a game. Let's work on this together for us to fix the issue.

I would like to ask , when does this issue started?

You may click the link below showing related issue that you are having, kindly follow the steps from the link.

Whea Logger event 18 - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Fatima

Microsoft Community

Fatima_J, Aug 15, 2022
  3. *Sunny* Win User
    WHEA-Logger event ID 17, Windows 10

Hi ThofikhAhamad,

Thanks for your reply. I completed the steps in Method 1. Here are the results:

(step 5a) - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

(steps 5b and 5c) - No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully.

(step 5d) - The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.

The issue was not resolved, so I restarted the computer. Then I checked Windows Update. It said "Your device is up to date. Available updates will be downloaded and installed automatically."

I'm still getting the WHEA-Logger entries in the event viewer. I've had 25 of them in the last 15 minutes. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

*Sunny*, Aug 15, 2022
  4. OneMoar Win User

Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts

WHEA-logger events

if it gets really spamy you can turn ASPM off in the bios and disable pci-e power-savings from the power control panel but I would just leave it
    the error is literally meaningless the event logger captures thousands of events per-day\
    almost all of them the user never needs to worrie about

OneMoar, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts

1. Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts - Similar Threads - Event WHEA Logger

2. Event 18. WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 18. WHEA-Logger: A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 11The details view of this entry contains further information.I tried to find my minidump files and could not...
  3. Event 18. WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 18. WHEA-Logger: A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 11The details view of this entry contains further information.I tried to find my minidump files and could not...
  4. Event 18, WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 18, WHEA-Logger: Hi! I have been getting black screens/reboots for a little while now for about 1 month. I've tried about everything I could find on reddit/forums and nothing I could try myself fixed the issue. I tried;- Different RAM - Replaced thermal paste - New RX850M power supply - DDU...
  5. Event 18, WHEA-Logger

Event 18, WHEA-Logger: Hi! I have been getting black screens/reboots for a little while now for about 1 month. I've tried about everything I could find on reddit/forums and nothing I could try myself fixed the issue. I tried;- Different RAM - Replaced thermal paste - New RX850M power supply - DDU...
  6. Event 18, WHEA-Logger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 18, WHEA-Logger and random Restarts: I have a r7 3700x, 2070 super, 16gb 3600 Gskill system that has been going strong for 2 years. About 2 weeks ago I started getting random silent reboots where it would shut off and immediately turn back on. I bought a new PSU so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Really have no...
  8. WHEA logger, event 18

WHEA logger, event 18: I faced this issue yesterday while playing some games on maxed out settings. My PC crashed twice and spat this out.- System + Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger [ Guid] {c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220} EventID 18 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords...
  9. Whea Logger event 18

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whea Logger event 18: Hey, I have experienced an issue in which time I try to play any online game my computer automatically reboots itself games like apex makes my computer reboot itself within 10 seconds of starting it and game like League of legends will sometimes either restart my computer...
  10. WHEA-logger event 18

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-logger event 18: Hey I experienced this error last night and today and I'm not sure really what to do or how to go about fixing the problem Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 10/9/2020 7:00:15 AM Event ID: 18 Task Category: None Level:...