Windows 10: Event 204 File History

Discus and support Event 204 File History in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Engine/BackupLog Source: Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Core Date: 2/4/2019 7:07:14 PM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oly@64, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Oly@64 Win User

Event 204 File History

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Engine/BackupLog
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Core
    Date: 2/4/2019 7:07:14 PM
    Event ID: 204
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Olivia-Laptop
    Description:
    Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\olymo\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Core" Guid="{B447B4DB-7780-11E0-ADA3-18A90531A85A}" />
    <EventID>204</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x1000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-02-05T02:07:14.661095900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>36</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="26420" ThreadID="3752" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Engine/BackupLog</Channel>
    <Computer>Olivia-Laptop</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="Hr">2147746818</Data>
    <Data Name="ConfigFilePath">C:\Users\olymo\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Oly@64, Feb 4, 2019

2. Window 10 - File History does not backup Error Event ID 204 and 200

Hi Gerardo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + W, type “file history” and select the “File history’ icon with folder icon.
    • The File history window might take a minute to show all the options after searching for connected drives.
    • Click on ‘Advanced settings’ in the left pane.
    • Click on ‘Open File History logs to view recent events or error’ option.
    • Now check if there is any error logs with event ID 204.
    Check if the issue persists or not. Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 4, 2019
  3. File History Event ID 204 Windows 10

File history doesn't recognize this drive?

Patrick J.Parker, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Event 204 File History

Window 10 - File History does not backup Error Event ID 204 and 200

For some reason my window key +w does not activate anything, however, I was able to open file history advanced settings through "control panel", "system & security", then "file history". It does shoe two (2) event errors 204 and one (1) event error 200
    dated today!!!

GerardoMedinaOrtiz, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Event 204 File History

1. Event 204 File History - Similar Threads - Event 204 File

2. File History CloudRestoreBackup events even though I dont use File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File History CloudRestoreBackup events even though I dont use File History: I have been getting these CloudRestoreBackup events randomly. Sometimes one day apart, some days a week apart.I know they're related to File History but that is disabled on my machine. I also do not have OneDrive installed or any cloud backup software. Currently experiencing...
  3. File History CloudRestoreBackup events even though I dont use File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History CloudRestoreBackup events even though I dont use File History: I have been getting these CloudRestoreBackup events randomly. Sometimes one day apart, some days a week apart.I know they're related to File History but that is disabled on my machine. I also do not have OneDrive installed or any cloud backup software. Currently experiencing...
  4. File History CloudRestoreBackup events even though I dont use File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: File History seems to have stopped working. I've tried backing up from my PC W10, 21H1 version to two Passports. Each time I get the "run now" message, then a message only a few seconds later that the back-up is complete, but the total TB/GB amount free figure on the Passport...
  6. File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  7. File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  8. File history not working error event id 201

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history not working error event id 201: Hello, a while ago my file history has stopped working. I'm getting no error message, it just stops after 1 min. After a look in event viewer I found this: Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\"Account...
  9. Version 204 fixes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Version 204 fixes?: this is my first time posting so guess will start with a question:) I downloaded v2004 had some issues, minor things like it would not allow access to certain files or would not let my remove files, No permission to do that... I contacted Microsoft and the tech said if you...
  10. File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History: Hi. Hope I have posted this in the correct forum - I could not find a 'Backup & Restore' page. I have just purchased a NAS drive and I am going to enable Windows 10 to backup to this using File History. My question is, how does windows store these files? For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration c:\users\g\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\filehistory\configuration\config 204

2. filehistory-core 204

3. file history backup 204 error

4. <Provider Name=Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Core Guid={b447b4db-7780-11e0-ada3-18a90531a85a} /> <EventID>204</Eve,
  5. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-FileHistory-Engine/BackupLog,
  6. Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\hswin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config 204 how to fix,
  7. Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\bkova\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config,
  8. Event 204,
  9. Hr 2147746818 ,
  10. file history 204