Windows 10: Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure? How does one recover from this?

Discus and support Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure? How does one recover from this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 1f66. An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 1713.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stephen.iottec, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure? How does one recover from this?

An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 1f66.
    An unspecified error occurred 6e74667363686b2e 1713.

:)

stephen.iottec, Jun 11, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Boot failure after chkdsk /r No bootable image found

In d:\users\aaaaa\documents\mypictures it was unavailable.
    Same with music and videos.

Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure?  How does one recover from this? [​IMG]

Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure?  How does one recover from this? [​IMG]

Code:
    Intel suggested uninstallation of NET Framework 4.6.1 and then a download from Microsoft.
    Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall NET Framework using Kyhi boot rescue?
    If it is how can it be done?

zbook, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure? How does one recover from this?

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure? How does one recover from this?

1. Event 26124 ChkDsk Failure? How does one recover from this? - Similar Threads - Event 26124 ChkDsk

2. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?: I am trying to recover information from the recycle bin on one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-files-from-one-drive-in-the/797a3b95-9a5f-4b35-811c-bfc315d9e1ec
  3. how to recover events deleted from event viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover events deleted from event viewer: Hi all, I mistakenly deleted events from event viewer "Clear log..." utility I have not a backup second mistake do you know if they are permanently deleted or is there a chance to recover them? a kind of bin? thanks Ale...
  4. chkdsk /r failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk /r failure: Win 10 ver 2004 When running a Windows Image it gave me a message that it detected bad clusters. I opened a cmd prompt and ran chkdsk /r. It was in Stage 4 with 2 hours left when it rebooted on its own. At the log in screen it showed the usual username, but would not...
  5. Chkdsk Failure Event ID 26214

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk Failure Event ID 26214: I have repaired a few drives with chkdsk, Haven't ever not been successful so I am working on next steps. Chkdsk has run twice now and failed both times. Another thread saw it recommended to run HDtune, doing so now, will post replies with screen shots. Chkdsk was...
  6. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  7. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  8. How to recover missing file from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover missing file from one drive: Hi, i have saved few files a year 10-11 months ago however it went missing. is there any way to recover it? it was not show in recycle bin either, although i did not delete it....
  9. Recover from Storage Spaces drive failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover from Storage Spaces drive failure: There must be a very simple answer to this question so I am hoping ........... I've been researching the internet for days for a solution. Some time ago, I came across W10 Storage Spaces utility and thought this would be a good solution to protect my data. I bought 2 3TB...
  10. How to recover Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from update failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to recover Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from update failure?: Hi! I tried to update my adapter to the latest firmware: 1.3.8383. Updating worked normally until the device restarted itself. Now the adapter isn't giving any kind of signals out. I tried to reset the devide by pressing the button for 10 seconds but it didnt help. Any...