Windows 10: Event 264 defrag

Discus and support Event 264 defrag in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I was looking through the event viewer as I had a CTD and managed to recover with a ChkdskI discovered an Event 264 for each partition not on an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by squeezy, Jun 7, 2021.

1. squeezy Win User

Event 264 defrag

Hi,I was looking through the event viewer as I had a CTD and managed to recover with a ChkdskI discovered an Event 264 for each partition not on an ssd:The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on Data D: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AThe event after states that Defrag was carried out OKReading an old thread on this it states that a trim is not used on a disk drive non SSD and there was a bug introduced in vers

:)

squeezy, Jun 7, 2021
  2. wolfie138 Win User

Event 264 - Problem?

Hi
    i've noticed my 2004 machine has spawned a bunch of Event 264s, eg:

The storage optimiser couldn't complete retrim on New Volume (GEvent 264 defrag :) because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)

is there anything i need to know about this? my drives are SSDs and i was under the impression you didn't defrag those. aside from that, the G drive mentioned here for example, has only used 137gig of its 700gig size.

TIA

wolfie138, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Event 264 defrag

defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Event 264 defrag

1. Event 264 defrag - Similar Threads - Event 264 defrag

2. Erro ID 264

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erro ID 264: Apresentando erro 264, em SSD q suport Trim, e em HD.li as considerações inclusive em ingles, de 2020... nada com a resolução.detalhe erro apresentado vem depois de download de atualização obrigatória do windows update. win 10 home 22h2 kb5025367, em abr2023!...
  3. Erro ID 264

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erro ID 264: Apresentando erro 264, em SSD q suport Trim, e em HD.li as considerações inclusive em ingles, de 2020... nada com a resolução.detalhe erro apresentado vem depois de download de atualização obrigatória do windows update. win 10 home 22h2 kb5025367, em abr2023!...
  4. Erro ID 264

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  6. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  7. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. h.264 converter to mp4

in Windows 10 Customization
    h.264 converter to mp4: I have a Lenovo with windows 10 pro. I have always had to convert my output files from the cctv cameras to mp4 via an avi converter. I can't find any program that microsoft likes to accomplish my tasks. how can I get the non microsoft programs to default...
  9. Event 264 - Problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 264 - Problem?: Hi i've noticed my 2004 machine has spawned a bunch of Event 264s, eg: The storage optimiser couldn't complete retrim on New Volume (G:) because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A) is there anything i need to know about...
  10. Event error 257 - MS Windows Defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event error 257 - MS Windows Defrag: I have a solid state drive (although I have forgotten the brand & model), which I have had for almost 3 years. This morning, when checking the event log, I found this error: Date: 10/17/2019 11:49:36 PMType: ErrorEvent: 257Source: Microsoft-Windows-DefragThe volume...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defrag 264 hdd