Windows 10: Event 41 Kernel Power

Discus and support Event 41 Kernel Power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I had my PC restart once I tried running Fallout 76, this is the event log I received: Log Name: System Source:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dimi K, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Dimi K Win User

Event 41 Kernel Power

Hi all,

I had my PC restart once I tried running Fallout 76, this is the event log I received:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 15/04/2021 18:21:38

Event ID: 41

Task Category: 63

Level: Critical

Keywords: 70368744177664,2

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Dimi

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-15T17:21:38.3376283Z" />

<EventRecordID>106026</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Dimi</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">59</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xc0000005</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff802157b89b7</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffff8381b6f4e560</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">17</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Anyone know what it could have caused this?

:)

Dimi K, Apr 15, 2021

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 15, 2021
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Event 41 Kernel Power

Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task 63

Hello,

The kernel power event ID 41 error may happen when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps created by Nyima Yonten on this

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Event 41 Kernel Power

1. Event 41 Kernel Power - Similar Threads - Event Kernel Power

2. Event 41: Kernel power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41: Kernel power: My laptop keeps getting randomly shutdown. When I checked the event viewer I got this error: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first"OS: Windows 11 22H2 Please suggest me what can I do?I have already checked ram from windows diagnostics tool and also...
  3. Event 41, Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41, Kernel Power: I have been having problems recently with my computer crashing once or twice a day and I have done everything to try to figure it out. I fixed it for about a week or two but now it's back. The bluescreen keeps giving me the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I have had help...
  4. Event 41, Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 41, Kernel Power: I have been having problems recently with my computer crashing once or twice a day and I have done everything to try to figure it out. I fixed it for about a week or two but now it's back. The bluescreen keeps giving me the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I have had help...
  5. Event 41, Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41, Kernel Power: I have been having problems recently with my computer crashing once or twice a day and I have done everything to try to figure it out. I fixed it for about a week or two but now it's back. The bluescreen keeps giving me the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". Can anyone...
  6. Event 41, Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41, Kernel Power: I have been having problems recently with my computer crashing once or twice a day and I have done everything to try to figure it out. I fixed it for about a week or two but now it's back. The bluescreen keeps giving me the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". Can anyone...
  7. Kernel-Power Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Event 41: I have been having an issue with my gaming PC ever since I purchased it in mid August 2021. The screen goes black, and if I am listening to something on YouTube the speakers will buzz for about 3 seconds. then everything powers down and reboots. It will randomly crash, but...
  8. Event 41, kernel- power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 41, kernel- power: Hello everyone, I get random bluescreens, and I don't know the cause because it happens in whatever instances, for example: if I leave my laptop alone for 15 minutes, or just having a discord call, or just open up Google chrome. Here Is my minidump file:...
  9. Event 41, Kernel-Power

Event 41, Kernel-Power: -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>6</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  10. Event 41, Kernel-Power

Event 41, Kernel-Power: I need help as my computer seems to randomly shut off. This problem started occurring completely randomly. It shuts off and then continues to shut off and attempt to restart until it eventually comes back. I temporary turned off the power source and have just turned it back...