Windows 10: Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting

Discus and support Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok great, so let me understand everything because I stated from the start I'm dumb when it comes to this. If my PC resets at 768p then it's my PSU that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jadamyo, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Jadamyo Win User

Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting

Ok great, so let me understand everything because I stated from the start I'm dumb when it comes to this. If my PC resets at 768p then it's my PSU that is defected? if it doesn't reset it's my GPU that's defected or vice versa?

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  2. EliteData Win User

that would be really tough to say without actually having another PSU to replace the current one to test, which would be the easiest way to test.
    there could also be other issues causing this, poor cooling due to dust build up (including inside the PSU).
    have you monitored your CPU and GPU temps while playing WOW ?
    do you have a IR thermometer you can measure the heat exhausting from the PSU ?
    i would not declare anything "defect" at this point until the issue is narrowed down specifically.
    ive only pointed out a few "possibles" that could be causing them though its really difficult to narrow down without additional testing.
    if the issue only happens playing WoW, you could try playing WoW at 1024x768 and then see if the time it takes for the PC to "reset" is longer or the same.
    i dont think the game itself is going to cause the PC to "reset" in the manner you described.

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Jadamyo Win User
    Ok I actually have a good idea of what my CPU and GPU temps are 2 days ago when I was consulting with blizzard after about an hour of playing WoW I saw my CPU was about 45-50C and my GPU was roughly a bit higher about 55-60.

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Jadamyo Win User

Anyways now I think I understand the problem, I will go and buy a new PSU after I'm finished with my exams on the 22nd.

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  5. EliteData Win User
    you should try using hwmonitor to monitor the GPU/CPU temps while playing WoW, because they will quickly cool down after playing it.
    the PSU may or may not be the problem.
    think of it this way, every home has a circuit breaker and that circuit breaker will "reset" if over loaded.
    thats what is happening here, something is overloading causing the PSU to trip like a circuit breaker.
    the difference between a home circuit breaker and this, the PSU will "reset" once it "sees" the overload is gone, a circuit breaker in a home has to be manually reset.

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  6. Jadamyo Win User
    Yeah I got my temps from HWmonitor, also thank you for the analogy very helpful!

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  7. EliteData Win User
    either way, if you decide to spend money on a PSU and that does not resolve the issue, you'll have it for testing purposes or as a backup/replacement in the event the current one does fail.

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  8. Jadamyo Win User

Yup, so WoW finally crashed at 1024x768p. I assume this means my GPU is bad or still not enough to go with?

Jadamyo, Apr 18, 2017
  9. EliteData Win User
    did it take much longer to crash at a lower resolution versus the normal high resolution previously used ?
    i assume youre still using the same PSU and have not yet changed it (i wouldnt change it just yet)

EliteData, Apr 18, 2017
  10. Jadamyo Win User
    Yeah it took a little bit longer but not by much. Also no the PSU has not been shipped yet.

Jadamyo, Apr 18, 2017
  11. Jadamyo Win User
    I'd say in about 24 hours where normaly if I play at 1080 it takes about anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours.

Jadamyo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Event source Kernel

2. Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  3. Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  4. How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?: Source: Kernel powerEvent ID: 41Task Categroy: 63The laptop restarts randomly whenever it is kept to sleep. I go to sleep shutting the laptop's lid and then the laptop sometime during the night randomly shuts down and restarts. Has been happening since january, can't find any...
  5. How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?

How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?: Source: Kernel powerEvent ID: 41Task Categroy: 63The laptop restarts randomly whenever it is kept to sleep. I go to sleep shutting the laptop's lid and then the laptop sometime during the night randomly shuts down and restarts. Has been happening since january, can't find any...
  6. Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random shutdowns. I have spent many hours looking into this throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the...
  7. Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power

Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random shutdowns. I have spent many hours looking into this throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the...
  8. Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power: Windows Version 20H2 Hey all! So ever since I replaced my GTX 570 with a 970 I've been having some hiccups. I have another post related to more of the process of installing the 970 but it got off topic so I thought I'd start a new one since the circumstances have changed...
  10. Event 41, Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 41, Kernel-Power: I need help as my computer seems to randomly shut off. This problem started occurring completely randomly. It shuts off and then continues to shut off and attempt to restart until it eventually comes back. I temporary turned off the power source and have just turned it back...