Windows 10: Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

Discus and support Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi; i have been having this issue in my event viewer, i think it started when i downloaded and installed Halo Forge. i have searched the forum for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JaKSLaP, Sep 16, 2016.

1. JaKSLaP Win User

Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

Hi;

i have been having this issue in my event viewer, i think it started when i downloaded and installed Halo Forge. i have searched the forum for a solution but didn't find a working fix. does anyone know to resolve this issue. i don't have any other errors in my application and systems list.

OS: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Clean Install latest updates 17/09/2016

:)

JaKSLaP, Sep 16, 2016
  2. gtspeck Win User

Event 4401: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP

I also have this error in the event viewer:
    EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005

Hopefully MS or some one will come up with a solution.

gtspeck, Sep 16, 2016
  3. TwelveKay Win User
    Windows 10 crashes intermittantly after 1607 update

After installing the 1607 anniversary update (using Windows 10 Pro), I'm finding that Windows crashes intermittently.

I'm getting the following errors in the Event Viewer logs:

Source: EFS

Event ID: 4401

Task Category: None

Details: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.

Usually, the following error will appear a second before:

Source: DbxSvc

Event ID: 320

Task Category: (3)

Details: Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried sfc /scannow and the DISM fixes along with checking whether Hyper-V is installed (it's disabled). I have a minidump for the crash, which I'll share shortly.

Kind regards,

Kevin

TwelveKay, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

1. Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Event 4401 EFS

2. Event 1521 User Profile Service

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Event 1521 User Profile Service: After resetting windows 10, left with error on every boot: Event 1521 User Profile Service Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you...
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: Hi there, I have an Asus Prime Z270-A motherboard, I had an M.2 SSD connected to the M.2_2 slot and a HDD connected to SATA6G_1 slot. The SSD contained Windows OS and was my C: drive and the HDD contained my Users data and was D: drive. I installed a new M.2 SSD into the...
  4. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: Hi there, I have an Asus Prime Z270-A motherboard, I had an M.2 SSD connected to the M.2_2 slot and a HDD connected to SATA6G_1 slot. The SSD contained Windows OS and was my C: drive and the HDD contained my Users data and was D: drive. I installed a new M.2 SSD into the...
  5. 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.: So I've been getting this error, also in conjunction with two windows error reporting info eventlogs. These are the two logs Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: WinSetupDiag02 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 1 P2: 2 P3: 9 P4: 1 P5: 0x0...
  6. User Profile Service Service failed

User Profile Service Service failed: Hi, I am having the same problem. One admin account which i created using mail id. Another Guest account. Admin account got this problem. So couldnt change anything in Guest account. If i give admin password in guest account to run command prompt in admin mode or...
  7. User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.: I am trying to create new user logins on my laptop for my kids - I have successfully created user accounts that show up at startup, but I get the following error when I enter the passwords and try to login: User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...
  8. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in...

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in...: ...User profile cannot be loaded. I am using a dual-boot system with Windows 10 & Ubuntu. And I have for sometime now without a problem. Maybe the newest thing I installed has something to do with this (?). It was Ext2Fsd This morning I switched to Win10. Using Grub2, I...
  9. System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005: So I try to restore any point and get an error: [img] I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations. Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions? 21204
  10. Got this error today Event 4401

in Windows 10 Support
    Got this error today Event 4401: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005. What is this? Should I be worried? 77641
Tags: