Windows 10: Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

Discus and support Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi; i have been having this issue in my event viewer, i think it started when i downloaded and installed Halo Forge. i have searched the forum for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JaKSLaP, Sep 16, 2016.

1. JaKSLaP Win User

Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

Hi;

i have been having this issue in my event viewer, i think it started when i downloaded and installed Halo Forge. i have searched the forum for a solution but didn't find a working fix. does anyone know to resolve this issue. i don't have any other errors in my application and systems list.

OS: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Clean Install latest updates 17/09/2016

:)

JaKSLaP, Sep 16, 2016
  2. gtspeck Win User

Event 4401: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP

I also have this error in the event viewer:
    EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005

Hopefully MS or some one will come up with a solution.

gtspeck, Sep 16, 2016
  3. TwelveKay Win User
    Windows 10 crashes intermittantly after 1607 update

After installing the 1607 anniversary update (using Windows 10 Pro), I'm finding that Windows crashes intermittently.

I'm getting the following errors in the Event Viewer logs:

Source: EFS

Event ID: 4401

Task Category: None

Details: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.

Usually, the following error will appear a second before:

Source: DbxSvc

Event ID: 320

Task Category: (3)

Details: Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried sfc /scannow and the DISM fixes along with checking whether Hyper-V is installed (it's disabled). I have a minidump for the crash, which I'll share shortly.

Kind regards,

Kevin

TwelveKay, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005

1. Event 4401 EFS Service failed to provision a user for EDP. 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Event 4401 EFS

2. The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034: Hello, recently I've got a problem with Event ID 7034. I have experienced a computer crash problem and it keeps restarting. I've checked Event Viewer and found out it has something to do with the TPM. I tried to update the drive but it didn't work. How can I fix this...
  3. The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034: Hello, recently I've got a problem with Event ID 7034. I have experienced a computer crash problem and it keeps restarting. I've checked Event Viewer and found out it has something to do with the TPM. I tried to update the drive but it didn't work. How can I fix this...
  4. User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65: Hello, I use windows 11 and I recently performed a reset I chose for it to wipe everything and not save personal items I had it reinstall windows locally after maybe 30 minutes or so it has finished the process I attempt to log in and am greeted by an error stating that the...
  5. User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65

User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65: Hello, I use windows 11 and I recently performed a reset I chose for it to wipe everything and not save personal items I had it reinstall windows locally after maybe 30 minutes or so it has finished the process I attempt to log in and am greeted by an error stating that the...
  6. IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service to connect - Event ID 7003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service to connect - Event ID 7003: Hello, my name is Petar and recently I've got a problem with Event ID 7003. I have experienced a computer freeze/crash problem. My whole screen freezes, than after 5 seconds I lose audio and my keyboard doesn't react anymore checked with a capslock lamp. Anyways, I scanned my...
  7. IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service to connect - Event ID 7003

IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service to connect - Event ID 7003: Hello, my name is Petar and recently I've got a problem with Event ID 7003. I have experienced a computer freeze/crash problem. My whole screen freezes, than after 5 seconds I lose audio and my keyboard doesn't react anymore checked with a capslock lamp. Anyways, I scanned my...
  8. IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service to connect - Event ID 7003

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.: So I've been getting this error, also in conjunction with two windows error reporting info eventlogs. These are the two logs Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: WinSetupDiag02 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 1 P2: 2 P3: 9 P4: 1 P5: 0x0...
  10. Got this error today Event 4401

in Windows 10 Support
    Got this error today Event 4401: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005. What is this? Should I be worried? 77641
Tags: