Windows 10: Event 4625 keeps happening every day at (nearly) the same time

Discus and support Event 4625 keeps happening every day at (nearly) the same time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was checking Event Viewer to keep track of some stuff and realized I've been having security audit failures every day since August 25th (there are no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bbog, Aug 29, 2019.

1. bbog Win User

Event 4625 keeps happening every day at (nearly) the same time

I was checking Event Viewer to keep track of some stuff and realized I've been having security audit failures every day since August 25th (there are no entries before this date). I remember doing a System Restore on the day before, which might explain why I don't have any older events in the security event log (not sure if they get erased by a System Restore?). I'm not sure if this problem started on the 25th or before that as I don't check Event Viewer very often, but I'm a bit confused since, from what I gathered after a bit of googling, this event seems related to a Windows Server issue that might happen when someone tries to log in/hack(?) into a server. My machine isn't running a server - it's my personal computer. Also, the account where this "failed log on attempt" happens is the default Windows 10 guest account that I don't even have activated on my machine. How is this possible? Here's the log, I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me a little better:

Log Name: Security

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
    Date: 29-Aug-19 1:18:38 PM
    Event ID: 4625
    Task Category: Logon
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Audit Failure
    User: N/A
    Computer: SKELETOR
    Description:
    An account failed to log on.

Subject:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: -
    Account Domain: -
    Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: guest
    Account Domain:

Failure Information:
    Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
    Sub Status: 0xC0000064

Process Information:
    Caller Process ID: 0x0
    Caller Process Name: -

Network Information:
    Workstation Name: \\(my ip)
    Source Network Address: (my ip)
    Source Port: 60163

Detailed Authentication Information:
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    Authentication Package: NTLM
    Transited Services: -
    Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

My first concern was that this could be someone trying to hack into my computer, but I ran several malware/virus scans very recently and couldn't find any threat. My computer also seems to be working normally; I haven't run into any BSODs or anything particularly odd/suspicious. This Event always pops up in Event Viewer around 1 PM, and there are always two logon attempts with roughly 5 seconds between them. I don't understand a lot about tech stuff so this seems very scary and confusing to me. The only other "different" thing I did on the 24th/25th was that I accidentally enabled Windows 10's update to version 1903, then used the System Restore I mentioned before to stop it. There are still some leftover files from the unfinished 1903 update on my computer, and I'm wondering if I should actually update to 1903 to try and see if this issue can be fixed. I'd really appreciate any advice/help on this issue since this is all very intimidating and scary to me.

:)

2. Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day??

Hi,
    Since Nov. 15 I have seen two ESENT errors (Event 490 and Event 454) every day ... sometimes two or three times a day listed in my Event Viewer. I have googled the daylights out of it and still come up empty ... at least for my computer 'expertise' (meaning 'or lack of') ...lol.

For the record I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10, Version 1607, version 14393.447, using the Edge Browser while utilizing Windows Firewall and Windows Defender as my major security programs.

Event 490 says: taskhostw (3324) WebCacheLocal: An attempt to open the file "C:\Users\harts\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Event 454 says: taskhostw (3324) WebCacheLocal: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1032.

Both appear at the same time usually about 8-10 minutes after booting up and then anywhere between two to four hours later.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Aug 29, 2019
  3. SoFine409 Win User
    Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day??

After doing a bit of research it appears that the WebCache is being corrupted. You might want to scan your PC with Malewarebytes Free to see if you've picked up a PUP. Here is where I found some info although you've probably already looked here:
    Eventvwr reporting Webcache problems Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

SoFine409, Aug 29, 2019
  4. nemoid Win User

MyPhone website not showing "All Day" calendar events.

Helder,

It happens with every "All Day" event (all my All Day events are recurring events). Normal, timed events are shown properly. The events are ONLY shown on the "List View." But not on Month or Day view.

Like I said, this is only on the My Phone site. It stores all the information properly because when I sync my phone it all comes in properly... so it must just be the way the MyPhone site displays the calendar.

nemoid, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Event 4625 keeps happening every day at (nearly) the same time - Similar Threads - Event 4625 keeps

2. Refund for an actual accidental Duplicate Purchase on SAME DAY near SAME TIME

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund for an actual accidental Duplicate Purchase on SAME DAY near SAME TIME: Can I get a refund, I know it's not that hard on my Windows 10 Pro that I purchased twice because of some issue on Microsoft's site. I honestly don't feel it's fair or right to keep money if I accidentally gave you 200 dollars for a 100 dollar item. I'm sure some State's laws...
  3. Refund for an actual accidental Duplicate Purchase on SAME DAY near SAME TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refund for an actual accidental Duplicate Purchase on SAME DAY near SAME TIME: Can I get a refund, I know it's not that hard on my Windows 10 Pro that I purchased twice because of some issue on Microsoft's site. I honestly don't feel it's fair or right to keep money if I accidentally gave you 200 dollars for a 100 dollar item. I'm sure some State's laws...
  4. Refund for an actual accidental Duplicate Purchase on SAME DAY near SAME TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event ID 4625

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 4625: Hi, Can some help me. I looked for possible solution and locate the root caused but unfortunately still having a lot of failed login. Thanks in advanced.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  6. Event ID 4625

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 4625: Hi, Can some help me. I looked for possible solution and locate the root caused but unfortunately still having a lot of failed login. Thanks in advanced.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  7. Event ID 4625

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Calling UAC prompt causes an event 4625 every time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Calling UAC prompt causes an event 4625 every time: That's what I discovered, after launching event viewer as an admin. They are categorized as "Microsoft Windows security auditing". I have found other matching reports online and pasted one here: Code: An account failed to log on. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name:...
  9. Calling UAC prompt causes an event 4625 every time

in Windows 10 Support
    Calling UAC prompt causes an event 4625 every time: That's what I discovered, after launching event viewer as an admin. They are categorized as "Microsoft Windows security auditing". I have found other reports online and pasted one here, with the mismatching fields left blank: Code: An account failed to log on. Subject:...
  10. system crash - same code every time - happens 10 times a day working from home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system crash - same code every time - happens 10 times a day working from home: please can someone help with the below issue ? - have you seen this before ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-crash-same-code-every-time-happens-10-times/4266af21-a680-47d4-bb72-8a5b84e97a6b