Windows 10: Event 55, 137, 98 NTFS errors on SSD

Discus and support Event 55, 137, 98 NTFS errors on SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10, 1803. Today I got a message I needed to restart to repair corruption. After the reboot and repair I found those three events (actually 98... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TCrowe, Feb 11, 2019.

1. TCrowe Win User

Event 55, 137, 98 NTFS errors on SSD

Windows 10, 1803. Today I got a message I needed to restart to repair corruption. After the reboot and repair I found those three events (actually 98 was twice). The corruption occurred on my 3 month old Intel SSD and on the F: drive, which is the reserved drive. I have the latest firmware of this drive and did a quickscan from Intels toolbox which does not find any problems. I also looked at the SMART records and everything looks good.

Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Thank!

:)

TCrowe, Feb 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Event ID 98, Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)

Hi All,

One of my server keeps getting this error message and I believe the reason why my Altaro VM Backup are giving me a warning message everyday. Below are the event ID which I think is causing this warning message:

Event ID 98, Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)

Volume ?? (\Device\HarddiskVolume19) requires an Online Scan. An Online Scan will automatically run as part of the next scheduled maintenance task. Alternatively you may run "CHKDSK /SCAN" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME
    <drive:> -SCAN" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

Below is the warning message I got everyday from our backup software. I have already raised this issue to our vendor but they told me that this is basically a warning from the OS and I need to fix this on OS level.

Event 55, 137, 98 NTFS errors on SSD b0a31d9d-3134-43d5-83b7-091ae7066cb1?upload=true.png

Does anyone encounter this issue or any knows how I can remove this warning message? I am running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

JeffreyWee, Feb 11, 2019
  4. JayJaeger Win User

Event IDs 55 and 98 request chkdsk /F but \Device\HarddiskVolume# does not exist when doing diskpart => list volume

Very recently (November 7, 2017 and November 13) has issued a notification and event logs that *SEEM* to indicate a problem.

The sequence is:

(Event ID 98): Volume D: (\Device\HarddiskVolume6) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

(Event ID 55)

A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume D:.

The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned and fixed offline.

(Repeat of Event ID 98 ).

In the first of the two cases, I also immediately (2 seconds later) got Event ID 130, which indicated it has been repaired, even though I had NOT run CHKDSK at that point.

The thing is, the Volume it identifies as being associated with drive D: DOES NOT EXIST:

------------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.15063.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: JAYW7

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

Volume 0 I DVD-ROM 0 B No Media

Volume 1 Z STORAGE NTFS Partition 3725 GB Healthy

Volume 2 System Rese NTFS Partition 100 MB Healthy System

Volume 3 C NTFS Partition 222 GB Healthy Boot

Volume 4 NTFS Partition 858 MB Healthy Hidden

Volume 5 D RAID-D NTFS Partition 924 GB Healthy

DISKPART>

-------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I can think of is that "D:" is mapped to a Intel ICH10R RAID array, and that somehow it is getting confused at times, and trying to access a physical drive directly for some reason.

(Volume 1 , Z: is one physical drive. Volumes 2, 3 and 4 are a second physical drive, and Volume 5 is the RAID array)

After the first one, I did run a CHKDSK /F, and it ran the check and there did not seem to be any errors.

JayJaeger, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Event 55, 137, 98 NTFS errors on SSD - Similar Threads - Event 137 NTFS

2. Event 55 Kernel Processor Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 55 Kernel Processor Power: My hard drive is powering off after 20 minutes of playing any game and I'm not sure why; I checked my power settings and my hard drive is set to never shut off. Any ideas? Operating System: Windows 10 HomeCPU: AMD RYZEN 9 5950X 3.40 GHz 4.90 GHz Max Boost, 16-Core...
  3. Event 55 Kernel Processor Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 55 Kernel Processor Power: My hard drive is powering off after 20 minutes of playing any game and I'm not sure why; I checked my power settings and my hard drive is set to never shut off. Any ideas? Operating System: Windows 10 HomeCPU: AMD RYZEN 9 5950X 3.40 GHz 4.90 GHz Max Boost, 16-Core...
  4. Event 55 Kernel Processor Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, Event ID 98 error, Both my SSD and HHD appear to potentially be at...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, Event ID 98 error, Both my SSD and HHD appear to potentially be at...: I have gotten a couple of bluescreen errors recently due to the stop code, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I've looked through event viewer, and found that when I got my most recent BSOD, the event ID in event viewer that showed an error was ID 98. When I clicked on the event, it read...
  6. NTFS Error 98, Chkdsk on every reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Error 98, Chkdsk on every reboot: Since June 7th, on every clean start or reboot my computer initiates CHKDSK on my system drive Western Digital SN520 SSD. In addition, a single instance of NTFS Error 98 appears in the system log which says the drive needs to be taken offline for errors. This CKDSK/NTFS...
  7. Event 98 NTFS on a corrupted hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event 98 NTFS on a corrupted hard drive: Hi, 2 months ago I accidentally unplugged my external HDD while copying. It become corrupted (Thank god the files are good) and my access to my HDD is so hard(it freezes, it prevents computer to boot when it's plugged in while booting, it slows the entire computer) But when I...
  8. About error of Event ID 98

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About error of Event ID 98: I have workstation which is installed on Windows 10 version 1607. I just found out there is <!> mark on C drive in Devices and drives windows. When I take a look at event log, there are event ID 98 error in application event logs in past two months....
  9. Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power: The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance. Just browsing through my Event Viewer trying to knock out and solve any random errors when THAT pops up...
  10. Error 55

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 55: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 16-3-01 Tue 9:12:49 AM Event ID: 55 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QB0L353 Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume ??. The exact nature of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event 137 ntfs windows 10 ssd

2. Volume G: (\Device\HarddiskVolume5) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run CHKDSK /F locally via the command line or run REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:> locally or remotely via PowerShell.

3. Ntfs(Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs) 98

4. event 98 windows online scan need,
  5. event 98 ntfs,
  6. event id 98 ntfs