Windows 10: Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

Discus and support Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; this error is the only one inside my event log before and after crashing. I have tried changing the url to no avail. please help meMetadata staging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ewievomit, Mar 8, 2022.

1. ewievomit Win User

Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

this error is the only one inside my event log before and after crashing. I have tried changing the url to no avail. please help meMetadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{F74A0DD6-F469-50F2-B874-C3E8F3856C72}'- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager" Guid="{fcbb06bb-6a2a-46e3-abaa-246cb4e508b2}" /> <EventID>131</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>

:)

ewievomit, Mar 8, 2022
  2. J. Barz Win User

DeviceSetupManager Error ID 131. Constant freezing and restart of PC.

Hi, i'm having problems with windows 10 Pro lately.

I'm experiencing constant freezing and the only way to get back to "normal" (for few time due the constantly problem) is restarting the PC directly from the case.

I upgraded recently my windows 7 to windows 10 Pro.

Event viewer show me this error ID 131: DeviceSetupManager.

Metadata staging error, result=0x80004005

This freezings happens randomly even if im not using my PC, but most of them appears when a game starts like League of Legends and World of tanks.

I already tried to fix this doing:

Re-Installing windows 10.

SfC scannow with no errors, everything is fine.

J. Barz, Mar 8, 2022
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    DistributedCOM error 10016 PC crashing / freezing (no blue screen)

Hi,

DistributedCOM error 10016 is an event in Event Viewer that usually occurs when
    Microsoft components tries to access DCOM components without the required permissions. This event is not usually the cause of the PC crashing / freezing error. The performance error that you're experiencing can be the cause of a third
    party service. Kindly perform a clean boot to see if the computer will crash / freeze while the third party
    services are disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Mar 8, 2022
  4. Redbatman Win User

Event ID 131 Metadata errors happening lately.

It still happens even after patch Tuesday reboot.

Redbatman, Mar 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc. - Similar Threads - Event Error 131

2. event error 131

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event error 131: i’ve been dealing with this “event error 131” over the past month and now it’s gotten to the point where my pc is completely unusable. i have no clue how to fix it as i’ve already tried reinstalling windows entirely, changing the internet time, reinstalling my graphics card...
  3. event error 131

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event error 131: i’ve been dealing with this “event error 131” over the past month and now it’s gotten to the point where my pc is completely unusable. i have no clue how to fix it as i’ve already tried reinstalling windows entirely, changing the internet time, reinstalling my graphics card...
  4. Event 131 & event 200/201/202 leading to Kernal crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 131 & event 200/201/202 leading to Kernal crash.: So my PC works fine for the most part, but whenever I play a game or anything more intensive, I have been crashing without any blue screen just completely shutting down before it boots itself back up. This started about 2 or 3 days ago before I had never had a problem like...
  5. Event 131 & event 200/201/202 leading to Kernal crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 131 & event 200/201/202 leading to Kernal crash.: So my PC works fine for the most part, but whenever I play a game or anything more intensive, I have been crashing without any blue screen just completely shutting down before it boots itself back up. This started about 2 or 3 days ago before I had never had a problem like...
  6. Event Error Causing System Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Error Causing System Crashes: THis has been happening for a while, but I believe I finally located the cause of seemingly random crashes, something that always appears in the event log at the time of the crash:The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...
  7. Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.: this error is the only one inside my event log before and after crashing. I have tried changing the url to no avail. please help meMetadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{F74A0DD6-F469-50F2-B874-C3E8F3856C72}'- <Event...
  8. Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.: this error is the only one inside my event log before and after crashing. I have tried changing the url to no avail. please help meMetadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{F74A0DD6-F469-50F2-B874-C3E8F3856C72}'- <Event...
  9. DeviceSetupManager Error ID 131. Constant freezing and restart of PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DeviceSetupManager Error ID 131. Constant freezing and restart of PC.: Hi, i'm having problems with windows 10 lately. I'm experiencing constant freezing and the only way to get back to "normal" for few time due the constantly problem is restarting the PC directly from the case. Event viewer show me this error ID 131: DeviceSetupManager....
  10. Event Viewer Errors 131+122 DeviceSetupManager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors 131+122 DeviceSetupManager: HI. I'm getting swamped with event id 122 and 131. My gpedit.msc policy of "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" is set to "not configured" and "Turn off Windows Updated device driver searching" is set to Disabled. Under...