Windows 10: Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app

Discus and support Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, (OS Build 17763.288) on an HP ENVY Notebook. Recently Microsoft expanded the number of Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ectophile, Jan 20, 2019.

1. ectophile Win User

Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, (OS Build 17763.288) on an HP ENVY Notebook.

Recently Microsoft expanded the number of Microsoft Calendar event icons from 12 to 36 as part of a Microsoft Windows update. I do not recall the exact date of the update, but I believe it happened in November, 2018.

When there were only 12 event icons to choose from, they were all always visible.

Now, sometimes I see 3 rows of 12 icons each, for a total of 36 icons, and other times I see none, or just 3 in the bottom right of the third row, or 21 as I am currently viewing, as shown below:

Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app 9d57ccd6-eb82-43da-b850-7725fb0e1e08?upload=true.jpg

These icons appear, or I should say disappear, erratically. I can never depend that they will all be available.

Five days ago I called Microsoft Customer Support, spent almost 2 hours speaking with an agent who remotely logged onto my notebook, and eventually recommended reinstalling Windows 10 Pro, saying that this issue has been previously observed, and reinstalling the OS would correct it. That was not the case.

It took almost 4 hours for windows 10 Pro to be reinstalled.

Afterwards, the same issue persisted, exactly as it was when I called Microsoft Customer support, with only the bottom right 3 icons present. The other spaces were blank.

The number of visible icons for calendar events often varies daily, each time I turn on my computer.

My hunch is that this may be a Microsoft server problem.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Ectophile

***Modified title from: How to Fix Missing Microsoft Calendar Event Icons? - Please Help***

:)

ectophile, Jan 20, 2019

2. Calendar events missing in App

Hello,

One possible reason why you lost the events you set up 12 days in the past and 13 days in the future is due to some recent changes you made either with the account you signed in, or in the Calendar app settings. To help you restore the missing events in
    your Calendar App, kindly supplement us with more information by answering these questions:

• Were there any changes made with the account you signed in, or in the Calendar app settings prior to the issue?
    • When did you notice that there are missing events?
    • Did this issue happen before?
    • What are the steps that you have done in an attempt to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your prompt reply.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 20, 2019
  3. rml123 Win User
    Calendar events missing in App

1) No

2) 6/9/2017

3) No

4) a) Close Calendar and re-open. b) Wait a few minutes. c)Reboot computer and try again the next day. d) Ask for Microsoft for help on this forum.

rml123, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app

Calendar events missing in App

The reason why there might be due to a sync issue in the Mail and the Calendar app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in the article below. The article provides the steps in resolving sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Check if there are still missing events.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app

1. Event icons missing from the Microsoft calendar app - Similar Threads - Event icons missing

2. Widget, Mail and Calendar app not working and missing Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget, Mail and Calendar app not working and missing Icons: I have a problem, My windows 11 Widget has been on a sign-in loop, the Mail and Calendar app is not loading and their Icons are not showing, also the icon of Cortana and some other apps are missing, I have done a reset twice and the Issues still persist, I've followed a lot...
  3. Widget, Mail and Calendar app not working and missing Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widget, Mail and Calendar app not working and missing Icons: I have a problem, My windows 11 Widget has been on a sign-in loop, the Mail and Calendar app is not loading and their Icons are not showing, also the icon of Cortana and some other apps are missing, I have done a reset twice and the Issues still persist, I've followed a lot...
  4. Windows Calendar App event icons, limitation for some accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Calendar App event icons, limitation for some accounts: I have different accounts some Gmail and some Outllook connected to my Calendar App and all works fine and synced. Only problem I have is that when I add events with my main Outlook I can choose among the following icons: [ATTACH] While when I try to add events on the...
  5. Missing calendar events

Missing calendar events: I opened my calendar today and I am missing events. How did that happen and how do I get them back again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-calendar-events/7b6ad2ee-8584-4560-808a-bce46805ae9c
  6. Icons from apps out of the Microsoft Store are missing inclusive the icon of the Microsoft...

Icons from apps out of the Microsoft Store are missing inclusive the icon of the Microsoft...: So, basically every icon of a program I downloaded from the Microsoft Store is missing and it looks like this: [ATTACH] And when I search for it, it looks like this: [ATTACH] Does somebody know how to fix it?...
  7. How to export Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app to a different Calendar?

How to export Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app to a different Calendar?: Using Windows 10 and have some events that I want to move to a different calendar. Can I move them? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-calendar-events-from-mail-and/ffcb17eb-9ee1-488f-813f-1e248d70cd4d
  8. ALL CALENDAR EVENTS MISSING

ALL CALENDAR EVENTS MISSING: I am using Windows Home 10. Before applying the latest July updates all events of this whole year and before were showing in my Microsoft app calendar. Today it is showing nothing entered for the entire year. Where has all the data gone and how do I get it back?...
  9. How to Fix Missing Microsoft Calendar Event Icons? - Please Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Fix Missing Microsoft Calendar Event Icons? - Please Help: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, (OS Build 17763.288) on an HP ENVY Notebook. Recently Microsoft expanded the number of Microsoft Calendar event icons from 12 to 36 as part of a Microsoft Windows update. I do not recall the exact date of the update, but I...
  10. Mail and Calendar app update Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail and Calendar app update Icons Missing: Both icons in the start menu and upon opening the apps are missing ever since they were modified. How do i undo the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mail-and-calendar-app-update-icons-missing/54d481e2-1f51-46eb-b031-704fc0aadbbf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 calendar missing icon

2. event missing on calendar app in windows 10

3. event icons missing surface microsoft

4. calendar applicaton icon in events missing,
  5. microsoft calendar ios event icons missing