Windows 10: EVENT ID 10016 DCOM/COM causes constant freezing

Discus and support EVENT ID 10016 DCOM/COM causes constant freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello !! Long story short i ve been dealing with these freezes for around 3 years. Have sent it to tech store multiple times without em figuring the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MugenParticle, Sep 7, 2019.

1. EVENT ID 10016 DCOM/COM causes constant freezing

Hello !!
    Long story short i ve been dealing with these freezes for around 3 years.
    Have sent it to tech store multiple times without em figuring the cause of it.

Today i stumbled across a thread which had a similar if not same problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...om-10016/2ce32a8f-d94e-45ce-88a5-a139f85ca75e

In my case i m getting this message on EVENT Viewer.

The συγκεκριμένης εφαρμογής permission settings do not grant Τοπική Ενεργοποίηση permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
    and APPID
    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
    to the user DESKTOP-FC90AOA\jonbu SID (S-1-5-21-4071035781-2976376790-2589972002-1001) from address LocalHost (Χρήση LRPC) running in the application container Μη διαθέσιμο SID (Μη διαθέσιμο). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Its almost the same as the OP's post i linked above but for a reason i dont know , its half written half in greek and half in english.

I tried following the guide mentioned as the post's solution , but i went halfway.

1st when i reached the Appid part on registry , when i tried changing ownership to administations group by typing it i was getting following message

~Select User or group

An object (User,group , or built-in security principal) with the following name cannot be found . "administrations group". Check the selected object types and locations for accuracy and ensure that you have typed the object name correctly , or remove this object from the selection.~~

Which i find strange cause on the CLID when i typed administrator a new line formed and it worked.
    I tried entering my pc username and it got accepted so i gave ownership & full control to that, correct me if i m wrong please.

Also on the last part

11. Go to Administrative tools
    12. Open component services
    13. Click Computer, click my computer, then click DCOM
    14. Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer [Immersive Shell]
    15. Right click on it then click properties
    16. Click security tab then click Add User. Add Local Service then apply
    17. Tick the Activate local box

The only DCOM folder when i follow that route is called DCOM config and there i cant find corresponding ones from my event viewer
    ( CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
    to fullfill the guide..

Thanks in advance !!

:)

MugenParticle, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The 10016 events are triggered when a Microsoft component tries to access DCOM components without having permissions to access them.

These events can be safely ignored, they do not have any adverse effect on the functionality of your computer.

To get more information about this event ID, please refer to the article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 7, 2019
  3. cadavid1 Win User
    DCOM Error, Event ID 10016

Thank you - for others interested or having similar issues, please see the following post:

DCOM Error, Event ID 10016

cadavid1, Sep 7, 2019
  4. EVENT ID 10016 DCOM/COM causes constant freezing

Constant Freezing, Associated with Event 10016

Hello,

From
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server
    , Microsoft says:

"These events can be safely ignored because they do not adversely affect functionality and are by design. This is the recommend action for these events."

If you still like to fix, refer this guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-event...ant-local-activation-permission-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

I don't think you understand, if that's a normal error then ok.. But my problem is the freeze. I get them once every now and then. Sometimes blue screen.

NathanDe Guia1, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

EVENT ID 10016 DCOM/COM causes constant freezing

1. EVENT ID 10016 DCOM/COM causes constant freezing - Similar Threads - EVENT 10016 DCOM

2. Event ID 10016 Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 Causing BSOD: I have been having intermittent BSODs occurring seemingly at random. The best I can figure is when I AltTab while playing a game on my computer particularly Heroes of the Storm, or when I try to open certain games. I have not noticed it at any other time. The Event Viewer...
  3. Event ID 10016 Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 10016 Causing BSOD: I have been having intermittent BSODs occurring seemingly at random. The best I can figure is when I AltTab while playing a game on my computer particularly Heroes of the Storm, or when I try to open certain games. I have not noticed it at any other time. The Event Viewer...
  4. Event ID 10016 DCOM - Chrome keeps crashing -

Event ID 10016 DCOM - Chrome keeps crashing -: Hi!I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad E15 with Windows 10 Pro and its Chrome keeps crashing every 10-20 minutes with the Event ID 10016 and the following error. I have tried the usual step of regedit, rebooted computer , reinstalled Chrome, reinstalled Windows and reset my PC,...
  5. Event ID 10016 causing PC to freeze

Event ID 10016 causing PC to freeze: For the past 2 weeks, my pc has been freezing with event id 10016. It's not considered as an error but a warning. [ATTACH] 2 of them: [ATTACH] I can't work comfortably if this event happens and then my PC freezes, it can happen during a meeting, making digital art, and...
  6. Event ID: 10016 Causes PC to freeze

Event ID: 10016 Causes PC to freeze: Since 4 days ago, my PC will freeze and not respond to anything. I will have to do a hard reset. There is no patterns, it can be when I am browsing web, gaming, working on a Word doc on OneDrive, just not doing anything. My PC already froze like more than 10 times over 4...
  7. DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows: My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something? <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  8. Event ID 10016 causing system crash

Event ID 10016 causing system crash: I have reinstalled Window 10 many times, and change security permission. My desktop: - CPU Core i7 6700 - Mainboard Asus Z170-K - Ram 16GB - Graphic Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 - SSD 240GB WD Here some pictures [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Thanks...
  9. Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker: I have been seeing the following even in my laptop's System log for quite some time. (Months.) The error says essentially: The user CALM1\BobTB, does not have Local Activation permission to the DCom app named RuntimeBroker. The application-specific permission settings...
  10. EVENT ID 10016 Distributed COM - Hardlocking My System

in Windows 10 Support
    EVENT ID 10016 Distributed COM - Hardlocking My System: like i pointed out in another thread.. this error is common and not really related to issues like hard crashing/locking.. if you believe it's a video card issue.. consider running Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) to clean out your gpu drivers and perform a clean install of...