Windows 10: Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

Discus and support Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently I've been getting this error when I feel that my mouse and keyboard start to glitch out connecting and disconnecting rapidly. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lokito50, Dec 17, 2020.

1. lokito50 Win User

Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

Hi all,

Recently I've been getting this error when I feel that my mouse and keyboard start to glitch out connecting and disconnecting rapidly. I have noticed this also with my wireless headset when gaming for long periods. Could someone point me in the right direction on how I can fix this? My mouse, keyboad and the headset are all wireless. I also had two flying controls connected to the usb ports. Basically all my I/O USB ports are taken up. If you need more information let me know.

Thank you

Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker [​IMG]

:)

lokito50, Dec 17, 2020

2. Event id 10016 runtime broker

This ClassID and AppID are for the RuntimeBroker which is used to manage Windows Store apps; specifically monitoring access to APIs and security checks. So ignoring this isn't necessarily the best thing to do.

I had another DCOM error related to the NVidia video card which was killing applications. That ClassID/AppID combination was used in the example to fix the issue here: Event ID 10016 - DistributedCOM

To fix this specific problem. Follow the same steps with one exception: instead of looking for the AppID in DCOM list, look for the application name (RuntimeBroker) directly, since it is there.

JesterKnot, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker :)

Eagle51, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

I don't think it's RuntimeBroker. Take a look at a recent one:

Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker [​IMG]

speedlever, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

1. Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker - Similar Threads - Event 10016 related

2. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash: Hi. I am desperate. My PC started crashing while I was gaming 5 min into a match and the only errors shown in Event Viewer are these I already deleted everything and it was fine for a couple of weeks but not anymore: The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  3. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash: Hi. I am desperate. My PC started crashing while I was gaming 5 min into a match and the only errors shown in Event Viewer are these I already deleted everything and it was fine for a couple of weeks but not anymore: The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  4. Event ID 10016 DCOM - Chrome keeps crashing -

Event ID 10016 DCOM - Chrome keeps crashing -: Hi!I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad E15 with Windows 10 Pro and its Chrome keeps crashing every 10-20 minutes with the Event ID 10016 and the following error. I have tried the usual step of regedit, rebooted computer , reinstalled Chrome, reinstalled Windows and reset my PC,...
  5. Event ID 10016 and RuntimeBroker Security Groups

Event ID 10016 and RuntimeBroker Security Groups: So I've been dealing with whole system freezes that required a hard reset, after about 6 months of this i finally found the Event ID 10016 that occurs when the crash happens. This was a pretty well documented issue so i followed the guides all around the internet like this...
  6. DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows: My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something? <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  7. DistributiveCOM event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    DistributiveCOM event id 10016: While troubleshooting a random shutdown/reboot issue, which has been solved, I noticed an error in event viewer. I am getting error: DistributiveCOM event id 10016. It shows 27 in the last 24 hours and 227 in the last 7 days. I have read many post on this issue and am having...
  8. Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10016: Here is a previous thread about it: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums I did run Regedit (as an admin) and did go to that entry in HKEY and did try to change permissions, but I get access denied. What to do now? 100s...
  9. Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID: 10016 related to the DCOM app RuntimeBroker: I have been seeing the following even in my laptop's System log for quite some time. (Months.) The error says essentially: The user CALM1\BobTB, does not have Local Activation permission to the DCom app named RuntimeBroker. The application-specific permission settings...
  10. Event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Event id 10016: I, like many other Win10 users, am getting a lot of DCOM Eventid 10016 events logged. I've seen a number of explanations (which I haven't understood) and several solutions. However, I have not seen a clear description of what requests are failing and what the result of the...