Windows 10: Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings - user is not recognized-...

Discus and support Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings - user is not recognized-... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; System reports Event ID 10016 a lot! System Log file states - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Period, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Period Win User

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings - user is not recognized-...

System reports Event ID 10016 a lot!

System Log file states -

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Stated fixes suggest user changes permissions on class and Appid's but the permissions cannot be changed!

ClassID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276} has value "C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe", there are at least two of these listed in DCOMServices one with AppID {15c20b67-12e7-4bb6-92bb-7aff07997402} and the other with AppID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

Security Launch and Activation permissions under runtimebroker properties window are unsettable (Greyed out) as is access permissions and Configuration permissions. So they cannot be reset.

Switching to Elevated Admin user also does not elevate privileges to level where these can be changed! !!

Identity cannot be changed...even if DCOM Configuration is run at elevated level under component services DCOM Config...

Choosing to edit the Launch and activation permissions produces the error

Windows Security

"One or more of the permission entries attached to registry value has an unrecognized type and can not be displayed."

Only choice is OK.

Question: Why is the user listed as "...user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19)..." above when there is no such user at greater than admin level, or even elevated admin level? How can there be an Admin level user with higher privileges than ADMIN?

Why is this user level seen elsewhere in the DCOM config properties and how come this has not been checked? Did someone at Microsoft release a new higher level user to the world in an update?

What knock on security impacts and effects could there be from this ?

I was working on some military proposal stuff (which was mentioned to dispatches) when this came to light guys so please don't be sweeping it under the carpet!!

:)

Period, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Sebow Win User

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

After my Windows 10 upgrade i see this well-known DCOM Event-ID 10016 in the event viewer:

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

It is from the Runtimebroker.exe - i know this error was in Windows 8.1 and below, too in the past ->

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...n/9ff8796f-c352-4da2-9322-5fdf8a11c81e?page=1

But the solutions from there, which worked till Win 8.1, don't work now under Windows 10.

Has anybody a solution for this under Windows 10? I'm not sure if this error has an effect or causes bugs, but the Event Log gets very big because of the many 10016 IDs every time.

Thx in advance for any info or solution in that case.

Sebow, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Persistent EVENT ID 10016

Hello, every hour I get this error:

I've followed this guide: http://www.itexperience.net/2017/01/...on-with-clsid/ but didn't fixed the issue.I've the latest Windows build. Do you have any suggestion?

djanthony93, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings - user is not recognized-...

event id 10016

Hi Steven,

Go through this
    forum post
    and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings - user is not recognized-...

1. Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings - user is not recognized-... - Similar Threads - Event 10016 application

2. Event ID 10016 Windows 10- The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 Windows 10- The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...: Hello everyone! I really often get the error code: "Event ID 10016" The Anwendungsspezifisch permission settings do not grant Lokal Aktivierung permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID...
  3. DistributedCOM 10016 Errors: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DistributedCOM 10016 Errors: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant...: There are several DistributedCOM errors that appear when shortly after I log-in to Windows and while I am using my laptop. One of these errors is only identified by alpha-numeric CLSID and APPID designations, but others are listed specifically as having to do with Windows...
  4. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM: Every time the PC starts I have the following error. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 25/05/2018 07:35:47 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: Home-PC\User Computer: Home-PC Description: The...
  5. DistributiveCOM event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    DistributiveCOM event id 10016: While troubleshooting a random shutdown/reboot issue, which has been solved, I noticed an error in event viewer. I am getting error: DistributiveCOM event id 10016. It shows 27 in the last 24 hours and 227 in the last 7 days. I have read many post on this issue and am having...
  6. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager: Sounds like we might all learn something from your further investigations. Do keep us posted, please. Best of luck in running this to ground. --Ed--
  7. Event ID 10016

Event ID 10016: Here is a previous thread about it: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums I did run Regedit (as an admin) and did go to that entry in HKEY and did try to change permissions, but I get access denied. What to do now? 100s...
  8. Persistent EVENT ID 10016

Persistent EVENT ID 10016: Hello, every hour I get this error: Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Event ID: 10016 Level: Error User: SYSTEM Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  9. Event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Event id 10016: I, like many other Win10 users, am getting a lot of DCOM Eventid 10016 events logged. I've seen a number of explanations (which I haven't understood) and several solutions. However, I have not seen a clear description of what requests are failing and what the result of the...
  10. event ID 10016 - immersive shell

in Windows 10 Support
    event ID 10016 - immersive shell: Hello - I have implemented the permissions I've seen advised on here and the MS answers forum, but the error is still occurring. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes will spot something. Here's the error from the event viewer, and an image from dcomcnfg showing the permissions set....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2019 event ID 10016 runtimebroker

2. runtimebroker one or more of the permission entries attached to registry value has an unrecongnized type

3. One or more of the permission entries attached to the Registry Value h