Windows 10: Event ID 1098: Error 0xCAA5001C, Token broker operation failed in Windows 10

Discus and support Event ID 1098: Error 0xCAA5001C, Token broker operation failed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we will explore the cause and also provide the solution to the issue of Event 1098: Error: 0xCAA5001C Token broker operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 4, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Event ID 1098: Error 0xCAA5001C, Token broker operation failed in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 not login with Office 365 account

Hello

I have a problem with my Windows 10, after a domain change my Windows and Office applications doesn't login with my Office 365 account.

In Office applications a resolve this problem by deactivating modern login in regedit and after this Office applications now can login but Windows 10 not like, One Note for Windows 10 or Windows Store.

I see this log in windows events and a event ID 1098.

Request: authority: https://login.microsoftonline.com/common, client: d3590ed6-XXXX-XXXX-aeff-aad22XXXX01c, redirect URI: ms-appx-web://Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin/S-1-15-2-3445**** DOMAIN\my.user Error: 0xCAA5001C Token broker operation failed.

Operation name: RequestToken, Error: -2147023584 (0x80070520), Description: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

Logged at webaccountprocessor.cpp, line: 532, method: AAD::Core::WebAccountProcessor::ReportOperationError.

2019-01-09 20:20:25 mypc.DOMAIN INFO 325 DOMAIN\my.user Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy is registered in good state, skip re-registering it

2019-01-09 20:20:25 mypc.DOMAIN INFO 325 DOMAIN\my.user Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy is registered in good state, skip re-registering it

2019-01-09 20:20:25 mypc.DOMAIN ERROR 1098 DOMAIN\my.user Error: 0x80070520 A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

Thank you.

Ricardo Soares, Feb 4, 2020
  3. abrarey Win User
    Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors

I've been having problems for a few months now, sometimes when trying to open any traditional application, have to wait a few seconds like 5 or 10 before the application launches. At the beginning didn't pay much attention, but started checking the Task Manager which i was able to launch and I could see the application(s) listed on the processes running and then some seconds later the application will launch correctly.
    The issue started becoming more common it didn't matter the application, i think just Task manager and the new Windows Apps (Metro) were able to open on that state. I checked the Event Viewer and the only thing showing Error specifically around the same time i was trying to open the application is the Event ID 10016.
    I've started doing some research and found several websites and forums reporting similar symptom and some workaround to solve the problem, I was able to identify the application as the Run-time Broker. Basically the same information on must of them as it shows in here: Windows 10 error 10016 from Run-time broker - cannot change - Microsoft Community
    I did try that I was able to change Ownership on the Reg keys and able to set the security permission on The Component Services as listed. in my case the Run-Time Broker shows twice and i was able to change the security permission on both to add my user with access to Local Activation marked. But still getting the errors.
    Tired of trying to fix it I did reinstall Windows, a fresh Installation. I did it using a new downloaded image with the latest Fall Creators Update as in some forums they notice the problems when they performed update from one Windows Version to another, but surprise the error is still showing in there not even completed installing all the drivers i checked the Event Viewer and keeps popping from time to time, same related to Run-time Broker.
    "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}....."
    I did try to set the workaround all ran fine still no changes.
    Don't know what to do it seems that for must people the workaround just works fine and the Windows Re-installation also works, but not in my case.

Any help will be appreciated

abrarey, Feb 4, 2020
  4. lesz1 Win User

update KB3194496 : new error 10 in event log. AppReadiness/Admin

When I tried to follow those steps and used the Troubleshooter, not only did it not eliminate the event ID 10 and event ID 214 errors with every boot, but, since doing so, I'm also getting new event ID 10010 errors with every boot that I was not getting before using the troubleshooter.

lesz1, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Event ID 1098: Error 0xCAA5001C, Token broker operation failed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Event 1098 Error

2. Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process: [IMG]After setting up Remote Desktop Quick Start, when some Windows users tried to RDP to the RD Server, they received an error stating that Can’t connect to the remote computer. After probing about the error in Event Viewer, they see Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed...
  3. Windows Hello For Business - Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello For Business - Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error...: Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error code 0x80090016I have integrated WHFB Key Trust and Cert trust methods in different domain. Created Hyper client VM and trying to set PIN, however client machine I am able to set PIN via key trust, but when I try to...
  4. Windows Hello For Business - Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello For Business - Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error...: Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error code 0x80090016I have integrated WHFB Key Trust and Cert trust methods in different domain. Created Hyper client VM and trying to set PIN, however client machine I am able to set PIN via key trust, but when I try to...
  5. Windows Hello For Business - Unable to set PIN , Error Event id 324 Token provider error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 - 1400 Events with this error Cryptographic Operation failed. Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - 1400 Events with this error Cryptographic Operation failed. Microsoft...: Hello,I have a new notebook Lenovo updated to Windows 11 and my PC reboots without visible reasons. There are thousands of errors in events viewer:The most frequent is this oneCryptographic Operation failed. Cryptographic Parameters: OperationType: 16 Provider Name:...
  7. 813 Warnings & Errors for Event ID 1098 & 1097 AAD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    813 Warnings & Errors for Event ID 1098 & 1097 AAD: Good afternoon Microsoft Community, I am hoping someone will be able to assist me in fixing an issue that has been popping up in my event viewer since 6/28/2020. Since this date my computer has logged 813 warning and error alerts. This is the general warning message...
  8. Windows 10 Error event id 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error event id 10: Every 11 seconds i am getting a error report What is causing this? This is from the event viewer Event filter with query "//./root/virtualization" could not be reactivated in namespace "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WITHIN 10 WHERE TargetInstance ISA...
  9. Event ID 10005 error (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10005 error (Windows 10): Hi guys, recently found an event id 10005 error in the event viewer. Is has something to do with CSR Bluetooth service. I have already tried uninstall/ reinstall the CSR Bluetooth stack but the error is still there. Kindly advise how to resolve this error, thanks. 83505
  10. Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors: I've been having problems for a few months now, sometimes when trying to open any traditional application, have to wait a few seconds like 5 or 10 before the application launches. At the beginning didn't pay much attention, but started checking the Task Manager which i was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aad 1098 error: 0xcaa5001c token broker operation failed.