Windows 10: Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird

Discus and support Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So, I was taking a look at Event Viewer today, and I found lots of events, the source being "disk", with ID 11, about a controller error. As my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marmalade22, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird

Hello,

So, I was taking a look at Event Viewer today, and I found lots of events, the source being "disk", with ID 11, about a controller error. As my SSD works fine and everything seems to point to removable drives (since the SSD is 'HardDisk0' and all errors show 'HardDisk1'), I tested three different USB drives in two computers, my desktop PC and a Lenovo G51 laptop. Also it's important noting both frontal USB ports are acting weird - this is all detailed below. Devices are:

• Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 (64 GB)
    • Kingston DataTraveler 100 G2 (16 GB)
    • TOSHIBA DTB310 External HDD (1TB)

==== KINGSTON DataTraveler 3.0 ====

Not recognized at all in the front left port; it works very slowly in the front right and two rear ports: one that supports USB 3.0 and the other 2.0. File Explorer hangs frequently when browsing and data transfer rates are very slow and/or behave erratically.

Ejecting the drive generates an event ID 11: "The driver detected a controller error in \ Device \ Harddisk1 \ DR4." This does not appear to occur if it is ejected from either of the two aforementioned rear ports.

Works in all laptop's ports (two USB 3.0 and 2.0) - transfer rates behave in the same way, but events with ID 11 did NOT appear after ejecting the device.

Note: HDTune Pro and CheckFlash both showed no bad sectors.

==== KINGSTON DataTraveler 100 G2 ====

Works in both front ports and two rear USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. In all cases transfer speeds are decent and fairly constant.

When ejecting, ID 11 events showed up in all cases:

- Front left: "The controller detected a controller error in \ Device \ Harddisk1 \ DR6."
    - Front right: "The controller detected a controller error in \ Device \ Harddisk1 \ DR7."
    - Rear USB 3.0: "The controller detected a controller error in \ Device \ Harddisk1 \ DR8." (Three in three seconds apart!)
    - Rear USB 2.0: "The controller detected a controller error in \ Device \ Harddisk1 \ DR9."

On the Lenovo G51, it is recognized by all ports and transfer speeds behave the same. ID 11 events appeared when ejected from one of the USB 3.0 ports and on the only 2.0 port.

Note: Quick Check with HDTune Pro does not show bad sectors. This flash drive it's quite old and even though it works fine, generated errors in both computers, but way more on the desktop PC. It could be a problem with the drive itself.

==== TOSHIBA DTB310 ====

It does not work on either of the two front ports. In both cases when disconnecting it does not generate any event.

It works correctly and as expected in the rear ports, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. When ejecting and disconnecting, no event is generated.

It works correctly and as expected on all ports of the Lenovo G51, and no event is generated when ejecting.

Note: S.M.A.R.T. attributes are all OK - checked with CrystalDiskInfo. Also, a quick scan with HDTune Pro and WD LifeGuard showed no errors.

===

My desktop PC was built six and a half years ago, with many components being older or slightly older. This could just be wear and tear. However, I'd like to hear other thoughts, because you guys very likely know better than me. Should I be worried or just carry on?

:)

marmalade22, Dec 20, 2020

2. Event viewer error with event id 10016

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that you are getting an error “DistributedCOM 10016” in the event viewer logs.

• Do you face any issues on the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This problem may occur if either of the following conditions is true:

• A program with the class ID (CLSID) that appears in the message tries to start the COM component by using the DCOM infrastructure. However, the user does not have the required permissions to start the COM component.

• The Network Service account does not have the correct permissions.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in
    an event log that you can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

If you do not have any issues with app or any other program I would suggest you to ignore it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 20, 2020
  3. spike47 Win User
    Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird

event id numbers

I was wondering if there is a list for the event id number i receive in my event viewer?Because I do receive alot {:/

KathleenJohnson3, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird

1. Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird - Similar Threads - Event disk Event

2. Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer: Just as the title says, occasionally, my laptop has blue screened about 3 times about once a month very randomly, but this morning when I woke up, upon booting my laptop, it said there was no disk drive found. I simply just turned it off and on again and it started to boot...
  3. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  4. Event viewer - Event id 4688

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event viewer - Event id 4688: I tried to create a custom view, with àwindows as the event log, and 4688 as the event ID. I had no other changed settings, and I expected this to give me a stream of events showing whenever I opened an application. Instead I only got events related to Microsoft processes....
  5. Weird Source in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Source in event viewer: I was looking for the process that was preventing my shutdown in Event Viewer, I found it and it was BTServer.exe that was stopping it, but the Source of it was called Winsrv, I did a goole search on it and it said that it was a trojan, I have strong doubt because it said...
  6. Event ID 2004 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 2004 Event Viewer: After updating Windows and reinstalling my system a few months ago I've ran into an issue with my game crashing, after extensive searching my results were finding the location access errors 2004 & 1023 with sysmain.dll being unable to load from my Event viewer log, however...
  7. Event Viewer ID 1023

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 1023: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerflibDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:19 PMEvent ID: 1023Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL...
  8. Event Viewer ID 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 2004: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNetDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:18 PMEvent ID: 2004Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Unable to open the Server service performance object. The...
  9. Event Viewer ID 2017 USB device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer ID 2017 USB device.: (sorry if this in the wrong spot) This is Been puzzling me for a while. My desktop is an intel Z270 with 7700K CPU, running the current version of Windows 10. I got myself a a graphic tablet that has a built in display. When I got myself an DP to HDMI dongle from Amazon, and...
  10. Weird event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird event viewer errors: Hello, Event Viewer is showing the following errors: The User Data Storage_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. The User Data Access_Session1 service...