Windows 10: EVENT ID 12 HAL

Discus and support EVENT ID 12 HAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.Been seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesTempleton1, Aug 1, 2021.

1. EVENT ID 12 HAL

The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.Been seeing this error in event viewer. I googled and some were saying Bios others too something different. Can anyone explain to me what this means and anyway to fix this error? Thanks

:)

JamesTempleton1, Aug 1, 2021
  2. jgveill Win User

reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error

Hello,

Since I installed W10, I experience HAL event ID 12 error when going to sleep and this happens may be 30-40 % of the time. HAL error happens at sleep time, not at wake up time. I could not discover why it happens when it does.

After searching for hours, I found that the problem is related to the 1st 1mb memory that looks or is corrupted. With W7 and earlier, Microsoft doesn't use this memory anymore, so it should not create any problem and most people having HAL ID 12 errors seem not having any other problem, but I do ... When I wake up the computer, fan starts but everything else is dead ... PC comes alive exactly 5 minutes later, without any problem. Everything was like it was at sleep time. Event viewer shows no problem at all. So it looks like Microsoft is just warning me that something is wrong somewhere.

Problem is said to come from motherboard bios, but as my motherboard is quite old (M3A32 MVP) no bios update are available. So, reducing the 300 seconds delay seems the way to go.

I suspect there's a registry key somewhere to set the 300 seconds delay before resuming when a HAL ID 12 happened at sleep time. What's that key ? I could not find anything. My only goal is to reduce this delay before I get a new computer, but with 6 cores processor it's still a good one.

Thanks in advance J Guy

jgveill, Aug 1, 2021
  3. csmdew Win User
    HAL 12 Error

don't know how you did it, but I found nothing there on hal 12 event error

csmdew, Aug 1, 2021
  4. bro67 Win User

EVENT ID 12 HAL

bro67, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

EVENT ID 12 HAL

1. EVENT ID 12 HAL - Similar Threads - EVENT HAL

2. 'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September: Hi,After installing this windows update KB4023057, I have been having crashes and freezes and reliability history shows hardware error.Also after crashing/freezing, my GPU gets de-activated and radeon software wont startup, I had to re-install driver and software every time...
  3. My computer crashes every now and then with an event ID 41 kernel-power Task 63

My computer crashes every now and then with an event ID 41 kernel-power Task 63: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  4. Event ID 1101 and consistent BSOD of pc.

Event ID 1101 and consistent BSOD of pc.: Hi there, my pc seems to be constantly BSODing every time i do any somewhat intensive task and especially happens when playing games. In the event viewer the main error i get is Event ID 1101 Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0. This was temporarily fixed when...
  5. " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6." STILL has not been...

" Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6." STILL has not been...: " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6."If you search for these error reports, the systems Lenovo, but also others like Beelink, Dell .. hang after a chkdsk - it appears to be a conflict between USB / motherboard firmware timing in some cases, but...
  6. Windows 10 Crash - Event 10, Enhanced Storage-EhStorTcg

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Crash - Event 10, Enhanced Storage-EhStorTcg: I'm having a lot of freezings, PC no response at all I have to push physical powerbutton to force shutdown. Crashes seems to be random but more often when I'm gaming a lot o watching local video but far less often with youtube. Sometimes just using notepad or web browser or...
  7. Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer

Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer: Just as the title says, occasionally, my laptop has blue screened about 3 times about once a month very randomly, but this morning when I woke up, upon booting my laptop, it said there was no disk drive found. I simply just turned it off and on again and it started to boot...
  8. Cloud files Diagnostic Event Listerner never starts causing Hello and finger reader failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cloud files Diagnostic Event Listerner never starts causing Hello and finger reader failure: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date: 9/9/2021 2:39:02 PM Event ID: 2 Task Category: Session Level: Error Keywords: Session User: LAPTOP-L857C1QK\JeffW Computer: LAPTOP-L857C1QK Description: Session "Cloud...
  9. Need Help with BSOD, Bug Check event 1001 :

Need Help with BSOD, Bug Check event 1001 :: Hi guys,Just got my first BSoD ever since i got my systemEvent Viewer shows the following:I have also uploaded the minidump files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnDTHaCU3WICliP0UTmvfhX9Wiz7?e=2anqW0 Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  10. reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error

in Windows 10 Support
    reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error: Hello, Since I installed W10, I experience HAL event ID 12 error when going to sleep and this happens may be 30-40 % of the time. HAL error happens at sleep time, not at wake up time. I could not discover why it happens when it does. After searching for hours, I found...