Windows 10: Event ID 124 after dbx update

Discus and support Event ID 124 after dbx update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I successfully activated the recent dbx update from Microsoft, dated May 9. I checked that I got Event ID 1035: "Secure Boot DBX update applied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DMiner, May 30, 2023.

1. DMiner Win User

Event ID 124 after dbx update

I successfully activated the recent dbx update from Microsoft, dated May 9. I checked that I got Event ID 1035: "Secure Boot DBX update applied successfully."Now, my computer gets an error at every boot:Event ID: 124Source: Kernel-Boot"The virtualization-based security enablement policy check at phase 6 failed with status: Unknown NTSTATUS Error code: 0xc000ffff"I did not get this error with any previous dbx revocation list updates.I have Googled this and have found no solution. Does anyone have an idea what this error message means and how to fix it?My computer runs Windows 11 Pro, Version

:)

DMiner, May 30, 2023

2. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

Event ID 124 after dbx update 256765d1574802134t-event-id-10016-clsid-appid-error.png

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, May 30, 2023
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 30, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=98&source=

Tenforo, May 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Event ID 124 after dbx update - Similar Threads - Event 124 dbx

2. Live Kernel Event 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Kernel Event 124: Good evening, I am facing an issue where Windows crashed and had a series of reboot before starting up without any strenuous task open.Attached the DMP files below as well.Description:Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 7Parameter 2:...
  3. Live Kernel Event 124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Kernel Event 124: Good evening, I am facing an issue where Windows crashed and had a series of reboot before starting up without any strenuous task open.Attached the DMP files below as well.Description:Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 7Parameter 2:...
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124, identify the root cause BugCheck, Event ID 1001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124, identify the root cause BugCheck, Event ID 1001: Hello Community,i have problems with the error mentioned and can't get any further on my own.It started ~ 2 weeks ago as i was troubleshooting realy bad performance on my SSD´s, it came out that one of them was faulty and i removed it. In the meantime i´ve reinstalled and...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124, identify the root cause BugCheck, Event ID 1001

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124, identify the root cause BugCheck, Event ID 1001: Hello Community,i have problems with the error mentioned and can't get any further on my own.It started ~ 2 weeks ago as i was troubleshooting realy bad performance on my SSD´s, it came out that one of them was faulty and i removed it. In the meantime i´ve reinstalled and...
  6. Event ID 124 after dbx update

Event ID 124 after dbx update: I successfully activated the recent dbx update from Microsoft, dated May 9. I checked that I got Event ID 1035: "Secure Boot DBX update applied successfully."Now, my computer gets an error at every boot:Event ID: 124Source: Kernel-Boot"The virtualization-based security...
  7. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  8. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor: In recent days, my desktop crush daily. I noticed it crush when I am using Matlab. But I am pretty sure that it is not caused by stressing the desktop when running codes in Matlab. It sometimes crushes when I am reading the codes without running any codes. Here are the event...
  9. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor: In recent days, my desktop crush daily. I noticed it crush when I am using Matlab. But I am pretty sure that it is not caused by stressing the desktop when running codes in Matlab. It sometimes crushes when I am reading the codes without running any codes. Here are the event...
  10. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor