Windows 10: Event ID 129 popping up after latest update

Discus and support Event ID 129 popping up after latest update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, hope you're doing well. I figured I would post here on reddit to see if anyone could help me out. I know I could use google to look up these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MechTech555, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Event ID 129 popping up after latest update

Hey all, hope you're doing well. I figured I would post here on reddit to see if anyone could help me out. I know I could use google to look up these things but each page says different things. Looking for a more solid answer.

So I did the usual update on patch Tuesday, installing the November 10, 2020—KB4586781 (OS Builds 19041.630 and 19042.630) running the 2004 version. I'm wondering if this update has anything to do with the above mentioned 129 event logs as they never happened beforehand and this PC is only two months old at this point ( custom built )

I already did a SFC/scannow and thought that fixed it but obviously im posting here which means it didn't do the trick.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/MechTech555
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MechTech555, Nov 12, 2020

2. Event ID 129 - storahci resetting raidport0

Yeah, unfortunately after weeks of trying every suggestion I could find, I never found a "real" working solution to this besides moving the game to a different hard drive (from a HDD to a solid state, ironically).

Sorry I can't be of more help :/

ChandlerCollins, Nov 12, 2020
  3. verbbis Win User
    Event ID 129 - storahci resetting raidport0

I have the same problem (Event ID 129 from storeahci with a message "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort1, was issued.") in Windows 10. The SSD is a Samsung 850 EVO with the latest firmware.

Other hardware:

• Nvidia Geforce 980 Ti
    • Intel DZ77GA-70K motherboard (with the latest, version 66 BIOS)
    Common solutions posted around the internet, such as setting "PCI Express > Link State Power Management" to "Off" seems to alleviate the problem, but does not
    get rid of it completely.

verbbis, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Event ID 129 popping up after latest update

Event ID 129 after big Windows update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to restart the computer several times after turning the
    Link State Power management to off.

I also request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

You may also refer the following link:

Event 129 Source "storahci" in Win8RTM

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Event ID 129 popping up after latest update

1. Event ID 129 popping up after latest update - Similar Threads - Event 129 popping

2. Why does an 'event ID 1000' error pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does an 'event ID 1000' error pop up?: Hello! I've recently got a new laptop, and have continuously gotten an error with an event ID of 1000. I don't know what could be causing this, could anyone help me please? I've already ran the system file checker and DISM, but nothing seems to work.Faulting application name:...
  3. Why does an 'event ID 1000' error pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does an 'event ID 1000' error pop up?: Hello! I've recently got a new laptop, and have continuously gotten an error with an event ID of 1000. I don't know what could be causing this, could anyone help me please? I've already ran the system file checker and DISM, but nothing seems to work.Faulting application name:...
  4. What is event ID for windows shutdown pop-up box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is event ID for windows shutdown pop-up box: I am trying to find what is causing this pop-up box to appear... This is on new dell PC with new win11 installation i even did the reinstall of win11 from scratch. I also disabled alt+f4 combo, because this event is random and not executed by user i even disabled alt+f4...
  5. What is event ID for windows shutdown pop-up box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is event ID for windows shutdown pop-up box: I am trying to find what is causing this pop-up box to appear... This is on new dell PC with new win11 installation i even did the reinstall of win11 from scratch. I also disabled alt+f4 combo, because this event is random and not executed by user i even disabled alt+f4...
  6. Event 129 iaStorA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event 129 iaStorA: My PC specs:Motherboard: GIGABYE H81M-DS2 Processor: IntelR PentiumR CPU G3450 @ 3.40GHz 2 CPUs, ~3.4GHz Graphics: IntelR HD Graphics in DirectX Diagnostic Tool Driver Model: WDDM 2.0 in DirectX Diagnostic Tool RAM: 4GB 3,39GB usable DRR3 SSD: Colorful SL300 128GBCD Drive: LG...
  7. Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10

Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10: I have had a persistent problem for about a year now, and have not been able to find any solutions for it. I downloaded an update in January that caused my system to start having intermittent freezes and hitches that, on average, last about 45 seconds and cause my system to...
  8. ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0: So I've been getting this error quite frequently, when playing a game my pc just freezes for an unespecified amount of time can be from 20 sec to 5/10 mins and I get the error of being timed out in the game I searched a bit and found that it could be from Intel Rapid...
  9. Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153)

Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153): So I built my first gaming pc back in September 2018 and since then every couple weeks or so my pc would act up for about a week where basically it freezes for about 1 minute at a time with about 15 second intervals. Here are my specs... Ryzen 3 1200 CPU GTX 1050ti by...
  10. Event ID 129

Event ID 129: I got an MSI GT72vr Dominator Pro-015 recently and have been encountering this error about once a day. I disabled 'Link Power State Management' in Power Options to no effect. I don't really have any other ideas. The error: Code: - <Event...