Windows 10: Event ID 134 Time Service Error

Discus and support Event ID 134 Time Service Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Microsoft Team, I believe that after months of trial and error research, I have found the source of the "Event ID 134 Time Service error on my 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by INDYICEMAN, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Event ID 134 Time Service Error

Microsoft Team,

I believe that after months of trial and error research, I have found the source of the "Event ID 134 Time Service error on my 2 PC's.

It appears to occur only when the computers awakens from "Sleep Mode". It never seems to occur if the computers are completely shut down.

Just wandering if Microsoft is aware of this problem, and are working on a fix for it !

Here is a transcript of the error:

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service
    Date: 1/4/2020 5:06:10 AM
    Event ID: 134

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: LOCAL SERVICE

Computer: DESKTOP-10xxxx

Description:

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. 0x80072AF9

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service" Guid="{06edcfeb-0fd0-4e53-acca-a6f8bbf81bcb}" />

<EventID>134</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-01-04T10:06:10.415885400Z" />

<EventRecordID>10778</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="13668" ThreadID="11484" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-10xxxx

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData Name="TMP_EVENT_MANUAL_PEER_DNS_ERROR">

<Data Name="ErrorMessage">No such host is known. 0x80072AF9</Data>

<Data Name="RetryMinutes">15</Data>

<Data Name="DomainPeer">time.windows.com,0x9</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Thank you for looking

indyiceman

:)

INDYICEMAN, Feb 22, 2021
  2. BoomerM3 Win User

Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

Every day, my Event Viewer shows the same warnings twice: Event 134, Time-service. The message is: "NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'." I have tried most of the 'solutions' found on the internet and none resolve the error.

I have tried both 'time.windows.com' and 'time.nist.gov' and both settings report the error. The 0x9 is not part of the option. The system time is not wrong. I don't have any DNS errors on the system. I would like to eliminate the warning from the event viewer.

Anyone know what causes the error or if there is really a fix?

Thanks.

Peter

BoomerM3, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

I, too, get this shortly after a reboot or when my PC wakes from sleep. And the, usually within 30 seconds, I get

Event ID: 37
    The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data from time.windows.com,0x9 (ntp.m|0x9|0.0.0.0:123->52.173.193.166:123).

I have no idea how long Windows waits for a DNS response, but I assume either the Windows TCP/PI stack or my router gets overwhelmed with network requests when Windows first comes up but everything eventually gets straightened out.

Do you get the EventID 37?

pokeefe0001, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Event ID 134 Time Service Error

Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

In this folder there is a file called hosts (no extension) that can be opened with notepad.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Each line should start with the # sign which means the line is commented out. ( Informational ).

Could you see what is in your hosts file. Here is a copy of mine. All lines have a #

Event ID 134 Time Service Error [​IMG]

What AV(s) are you using?

Caledon Ken, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Event ID 134 Time Service Error

1. Event ID 134 Time Service Error - Similar Threads - Event 134 Service

2. Event ID 1000 for a looong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 1000 for a looong time: Hi, i´ve been having this error message on viewer for months, it happens almost everytime i play this game, the stuttering is annoying and i just cant find out a solution.i've tried DISM and SFC method, no problem at all. steam check file integrity, done.steam and rogue...
  3. Event ID 1000 for a looong time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 1000 for a looong time: Hi, i´ve been having this error message on viewer for months, it happens almost everytime i play this game, the stuttering is annoying and i just cant find out a solution.i've tried DISM and SFC method, no problem at all. steam check file integrity, done.steam and rogue...
  4. Event ID Error 1014

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID Error 1014: Keep getting a lot of these (Win10 Pro 1909) and all the answers googling around are ages old. ex: Check your %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ directory for a "hosts" file, if it doesn't exists create it and add 127.0.0.1 localhost to the file then save. If you do have the...
  5. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed: System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10. Code: Log Name:...
  6. Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

in Windows 10 Support
    Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134): Every day, my Event Viewer shows the same warnings twice: Event 134, Time-service. The message is: "NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'." I have tried most of the 'solutions' found on the...
  7. Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error: Hello, After Fall Creators update I'm seeing 1 error and 1 warning in the Event Viewer which I'm not able to resolve. Event ID 1 The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to...
  8. Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Run-time broker Windows 10 Event ID 10016 Errors: I've been having problems for a few months now, sometimes when trying to open any traditional application, have to wait a few seconds like 5 or 10 before the application launches. At the beginning didn't pay much attention, but started checking the Task Manager which i was...
  9. Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10016: Here is a previous thread about it: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums I did run Regedit (as an admin) and did go to that entry in HKEY and did try to change permissions, but I get access denied. What to do now? 100s...
  10. Event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Event id 10016: I, like many other Win10 users, am getting a lot of DCOM Eventid 10016 events logged. I've seen a number of explanations (which I haven't understood) and several solutions. However, I have not seen a clear description of what requests are failing and what the result of the...