Windows 10: Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

Discus and support Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought the Ryzen 7+1660ti variant of Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H. In the first week owning it, I already experienced daily BSODs with error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JesseBoi, Dec 16, 2020.

1. JesseBoi Win User

Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

I recently bought the Ryzen 7+1660ti variant of Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H. In the first week owning it, I already experienced daily BSODs with error related to nvlddmkm.

Since reinstalling Nvidia drivers using DDU did not solved the issue, I did a fresh install of windows and the BSOD went away but I'm still getting the nvlddmkm errors in event viewer without the crashes though. Until recently, while the computer is waking up from sleep mode, the monitor stayed black though the power button and the keyboards backlit is on. Was forced to make a hard shutdown to wakeup the computer again. Incident happened yesterday and the day before that.

Kindly help check if this are software issues or GPU is toasted.

LAPTOP-Q6K9VR9O-(2020-12-16_08-37-33).zip

Thanks.

:)

JesseBoi, Dec 16, 2020
  2. McJasper Win User

nvlddmkm errors event id 13 and 14 when activating drivers after clean install

Hello,

I've had a very frustrating bug for a bit. I've tried to troubleshoot and can't seem to resolve this. I've got it narrowed down to the graphics card drivers. I have the newest Nvidia drivers. I've booted in Safe Mode, deleted the device in Device Manager,
    restarted, reinstalled newest drivers. System works fine when I only have Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 active (I've got an Optimus system). But as soon as I activate my 970M card, I get errors 13 and 14 from nvlddmkm.

I haven't messed with the system at all since clean OS reinstall about two months ago. I've got the Asus GL502VT system with no overclocking/custom tuning.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\UVMLiteController0x1

Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404490=0x80000001

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\UVMLiteController0x1

13604(2ed0) 8401359d 003aa70d

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

McJasper, Dec 16, 2020
  3. redhonker Win User
    Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

The following event are observed in the event log. I uninstalled nVidia 431.60 and let Windows 10 find the appropriate driver. The error appears less frequently but it's still there. What could be done to fix it?

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\Video2

Graphics Exception: ESR 0x500900=0x80000001

redhonker, Dec 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. - Similar Threads - Event source nvlddmkm

2. Game crash with "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crash with "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found": games are crashed after a few minutes of gaming. theres also buzzing sound before crashing to desktops sometimes.here's the following error detail in the windows event logs :I'm not using an app like RTX Voice or NVIDIA Broadcaster, also did the clean installation and...
  3. "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found": My computer is fairly new, probably 4 months old, ever since it was built the error started showing. I tried everything already literally everything, I looked through the threads of this community of people with the same issue, and the suggestions people were given to them. I...
  4. "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found": My computer is fairly new, probably 4 months old, ever since it was built the error started showing. I tried everything already literally everything, I looked through the threads of this community of people with the same issue, and the suggestions people were given to them. I...
  5. Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm: This event has kept crashing my games, I just built this PC this has been happening so many times. The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is...
  6. Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm

Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm: This event has kept crashing my games, I just built this PC this has been happening so many times. The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is...
  7. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated...
  8. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated...
  9. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found: A few days ago my system strated crashing almost every day while I play some games. Sometimes I get a blue screen, other times I just loose the screen and have to hard reset and in other times the system reboots itself . I already tried unistalling the video drivers and...
  10. Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found: The following event are observed in the event log. I uninstalled nVidia 431.60 and let Windows 10 find the appropriate driver. The error appears less frequently but it's still there. What could be done to fix it? The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm...