Windows 10: Event ID 158 error – Identical disk GUIDs assignment in Windows 10

Discus and support Event ID 158 error – Identical disk GUIDs assignment in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will explore the causes and remediation for the logged error event – Event ID 158. The event indicates that two or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 28, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Event ID 158 error – Identical disk GUIDs assignment in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 28, 2019
  2. HairyFool Win User

Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect.

In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason.

Why has it started and how do I stop it?

HairyFool, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Roadhouse Win User
    Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate

I know that this is an old thread, but it is in top 3 when I make a google search for 'Event ID 158, disk ' and I have read it from start to end - and have used two days to get that annoying entry out from my system log.

Yesterday I found out, that the only two disks that came out with this error, was my Seagate Backup Plus Desktop 8TB and my Wireless Plus 2tb (both mounted in my desktops USB 3.0 ports)) - and both .... was set as GPT disks! So last night I formatted the Wireless Plus as an MBR disk, and voila - since that I have not seen the error on THAT disc *Smile But the other is still showing that #'$@&¤§ error! And as I need it to have only one large partition, I cannot make that an MBR disc. I have tried E V E R Y T H I N G found on the net about solving this error, but not one of them works. And I probably don't have to mention it, but there are NO identical discs (or ID's!) on my desktop - that is checked at least 30 times!

So this posting is just to tell other that find this great thread, that this is what I have experienced. It is not a solution - but a workaround if you have discs with af max. at 2tb and you're experiencing this error.

Happy New Year everybody *Smile

Kind regards

Frank, Denmark

Roadhouse, Dec 28, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=98&source=

dalchina, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Event ID 158 error – Identical disk GUIDs assignment in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Event 158 error

2. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502: Hi everyone. i have a problem . when i join AD and connect network company -> event view 158 and 1502 always. taskbar error i dont click open task or file in taskbar . when i want print file in word,excel... it doesnt working image. If i disconnect network company ->...
  3. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502: Hi everyone. i have a problem . when i join AD and connect network company -> event view 158 and 1502 always. taskbar error i dont click open task or file in taskbar . when i want print file in word,excel... it doesnt working image. If i disconnect network company ->...
  4. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO: Can anyone help me with this problem. I am a home user & I have no idea how to resolve an issue that presents itself every time I restart my Windows 10 computer. "Please insert a disk in USB Drive G:" . Putting a disk in the cd drive did not help. Somehow I found KB...
  6. Windows 10 Error event id 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error event id 10: Every 11 seconds i am getting a error report What is causing this? This is from the event viewer Event filter with query "//./root/virtualization" could not be reactivated in namespace "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WITHIN 10 WHERE TargetInstance ISA...
  7. Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader: At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect. In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason. Why has it started and how do I stop it?...
  8. Disk Event ID 7

Disk Event ID 7: We have been doing in-place upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It's been going well, with just some minor driver issues and some user training here and there. Yesterday, I got a call from a user who has an Optiplex 9020, and she was complaining that her system has been...
  9. Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate

Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate: On every restart, I see this warning message: Disk 1 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This did not happen on Windows...
  10. Event ID 10005 error (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10005 error (Windows 10): Hi guys, recently found an event id 10005 error in the event viewer. Is has something to do with CSR Bluetooth service. I have already tried uninstall/ reinstall the CSR Bluetooth stack but the error is still there. Kindly advise how to resolve this error, thanks. 83505