Windows 10: Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

Discus and support Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect. In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HairyFool, May 13, 2019.

1. HairyFool Win User

Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect.

In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason.

Why has it started and how do I stop it?

:)

HairyFool, May 13, 2019

2. Internal SD card reader issue in W10Home 32bit

Lenovo Yoga tab 2-1015L, W10 1511, internal SD card reader not working properly. W clean install, Kingston 64GB Micro CDXC with NTFS.

Device Manager shows Generic SD64G SD Card, Microsoft driver from 21.06.2006, version 10.0.10586.0. The Police set to Better performance. In Event Viewer full list Event ID:153 - The IO operation at logical block address .... for Disk1 (PDO name: \Device\.....)
    was retired.

If I use the same SD card in USB card reader then I don't have any problems.

If I use the other micro SD card in integrated SD reader I have the same issue.

In original setup with Windows 8.1 no issues.

How it possible get the working drivers for integrated SD cart reader?

HarryMattiisen, May 13, 2019
  3. tim11g Win User
    USB card reader - controller errors

A Windows 10 64 bit system has a USB card reader that creates six "phantom drives" in Disk Manager and Device Manager. These are seen as \Device\Hardkisk4\DR4 to \Device\Hardkisk9\DR9.
    The card reader seems to work, but the Windows System log is filled with error messages even when there is no media inserted in the reader. Messages look like
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk7\DR7 with numbers from DR3 through DR9.

Drivers are generic Microsoft - disk.sys, EhStorClass.sys, both 10.0.10586.

How can I solve the problem and eliminate the errors?

(As a humorous side note, the Event Viewer has an "Event Log Online Help for this event" function. It takes you to a page on microsoft.com with nothing but MS advertisements. Nice....)

tim11g, May 13, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

INTERNAL MULTIPLE CARD READER

Have older case and want to add new card reader,must have usb 3.0 on it. Any good suggestions?

zplugger, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader - Similar Threads - Event 158 generated

2. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502: Hi everyone. i have a problem . when i join AD and connect network company -> event view 158 and 1502 always. taskbar error i dont click open task or file in taskbar . when i want print file in word,excel... it doesnt working image. If i disconnect network company ->...
  3. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502: Hi everyone. i have a problem . when i join AD and connect network company -> event view 158 and 1502 always. taskbar error i dont click open task or file in taskbar . when i want print file in word,excel... it doesnt working image. If i disconnect network company ->...
  4. USB CF Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  5. KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO

KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO: Can anyone help me with this problem. I am a home user & I have no idea how to resolve an issue that presents itself every time I restart my Windows 10 computer. "Please insert a disk in USB Drive G:" . Putting a disk in the cd drive did not help. Somehow I found KB...
  6. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  7. USB card reader keep disconnecting

USB card reader keep disconnecting: Hello! I have a USB card reader that I use with a Micro SD card to record my favorite series from a DVB-T set-top box when at work so I can watch it later. While recording it works OK due probably to the low data rate required. The problem arises when I connect it to my...
  8. Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader: hello, When I was viewing my windows 10 updates I saw some unusual update history of my Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader, (see attachments)I very rarely use this on my Dell Inspiron ONE but thought I would just check it out, and it did of course not work, I tried to find the...
  9. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733
  10. Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate

Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate: On every restart, I see this warning message: Disk 1 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This did not happen on Windows...