Windows 10: Event Id 161 reboots.

Discus and support Event Id 161 reboots. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so a few months back i replaced all part of my PC except D and E drive + PSU because i got this error every 5 minutes almost and got rebooted every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JesperLian, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Event Id 161 reboots.

so a few months back i replaced all part of my PC except D and E drive + PSU because i got this error every 5 minutes almost and got rebooted every time no bsod, now it has started happening again and i cant figure out why. any idea?

:)

JesperLian, Jan 12, 2021

2. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

Hello,

My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running.

The CPU and other components are within proper thermal limits, I've tested memory multiple times with no faults, tested all drives, and ran the DISM tool and SFC with no errors reported. The machine was built a few months ago but the power supply is from
    a previous build (2015). I suspect it may be the cause.

There is little information in the Event Viewer but seems to consistently contain the 2 problems at time of reboot:

Error

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 161

Critical

Source: Kernal-Power

Event ID 41

Bugcheck Code 201

Please let me know what additional information you need to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you!

ToothofCrime, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Kernal power 41 (61) id 161

Hello

So lately I have have this issue where my computer would unexpectedly restart without any information. This never happens when a game is running like battlefield 4 only and it occurs more often when chrome is open. When I go to event viewer it says "event
    critical kernel power 41 (63) id 161. When the computer restarts the mouse freezes and then the monitors turn off and the computer restarts. How could I fix this problem?

So far I tried:

• factory reset windows
    • check mnd dump
    -Szczepulec7

SzczepulecLetkiewicz, Jan 12, 2021
  4. netdudeuk Win User

Event Id 161 reboots.

Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

I installed the update yesterday (64 bit / i7-6700K CPU / 32GB RAM, enough free disc space) and since then I have had issues with shutdowns/reboots being very slow.

Amongst other things, I have -

• ran the Power Troubleshooter
    • ran SFC / SCANNOW
    • verified that \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management equals 0
    • ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • changed Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout to 0
    No issues were identified.

I also now see the following events logged in the System Event log -

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. - Source - volmgr / Event ID 161

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

netdudeuk, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Event Id 161 reboots.

1. Event Id 161 reboots. - Similar Threads - Event 161 reboots

2. Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.: Respected Ma'am/Sir,I've been facing BSOD Error due to two events, Event ID - 161 and 41. Event 161 occurs a few seconds earlier than the Critical Error 41 and then the BSOD occurs. Stop code - Kernel Data Inpage Error.Error No. - 1, Event ID - 161.Log Name: System Source:...
  3. Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.: Respected Ma'am/Sir,I've been facing BSOD Error due to two events, Event ID - 161 and 41. Event 161 occurs a few seconds earlier than the Critical Error 41 and then the BSOD occurs. Stop code - Kernel Data Inpage Error.Error No. - 1, Event ID - 161.Log Name: System Source:...
  4. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  5. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  6. Event ID 10016, 41, 161, 6008, 27 errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 10016, 41, 161, 6008, 27 errors: I have been having a few errors that have popped up recently. The ones that I see are the ones listed in the title. It mainly happens when I am playing games on my PC one I seem to have found a small work around. The game I found a work around for was Baldur's Gate 3 if that...
  7. Event ID 10016, 41, 161, 6008, 27 errors

Event ID 10016, 41, 161, 6008, 27 errors: I have been having a few errors that have popped up recently. The ones that I see are the ones listed in the title. It mainly happens when I am playing games on my PC one I seem to have found a small work around. The game I found a work around for was Baldur's Gate 3 if that...
  8. WHEA Uncorrectable Error then Event ID 161

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error then Event ID 161: When I try to play games on my PC it sometimes randomly BSOD's WHEA Uncorrectable Error, then upon checking the event manager it says event ID 161.Please help :<I've tried checking my HDD and SSD but there were no bad parts in it just can't seem to know what the problem...
  9. Random BSOD Event ID 161 volmgr followed by Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

Random BSOD Event ID 161 volmgr followed by Event ID 41 Kernel-Power: I'm getting random BSOD. Tried Several things like sfc/scannow even did clean windows install but BSOD continues [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Specs CPU - Intel i7 7th gen Ram - 16GB+4GB SSD - Crucial p1 NVME 500GB HDD - WD 2TB...
  10. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161: Hello, My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running. The CPU...