Windows 10: Event ID 2013 Low disk space

Discus and support Event ID 2013 Low disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Professional and also Windows 10 Home. I would like to be able to generate a low disk space event in the logs, which I understand is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jcrichards, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Event ID 2013 Low disk space

I have Windows 10 Professional and also Windows 10 Home. I would like to be able to generate a low disk space event in the logs, which I understand is event id 2013. I've followed several guides, but those guides are always for some version of Windows Server. None of those guides have worked for me, so is generating this event even possible for Windows 10 Home or Professional? If it isn't possible, then what alternative do I have? I really just want to be able to create an alert when my disk space is low. I wanted to be able to generate the event id because I have a log management solution (Elasticsearch) which reads in the Windows event logs.

:)

jcrichards, Oct 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Low Disk Space Event not being logged

Hello,

Windows 10 is not logging Low Disk Space for D drive, used for videos storage, in Windows Event Log. I googled and it seems event should be with Event ID of 2013 but no such event is logged. I do get Windows notification about Low Disk in Notification Area but no event is logged. Initially, registry was missing 2 REG_DWORD which *should* enable this event to be logged. I programmed these in:

LowDiskSpaceMinimum: 0x00a(10)
    DiskSpaceThreshold: 0x0190(400)

I restarted the computer and cold booted the PC a few times but still can't get event log to register Low Disk space event. I have searched for couple of days to figure this out but no luck. Right now there 0 Free Bytes on D drive. Could really use some help on this.

Thanks

Kewl Beans, Oct 18, 2019
  3. low disk space error

I got lost after "Policies".I couldn't find Explorer.There's no low disk space checks.When I back click,there's no Advanced .I have an HP19 desktop with Windows 10 installed.Drive
    D is the recovery drive.

low disk space error

I have a HP19 desktop.I keep getting an error that says low disk space on the recovery d drive.How do you fix this?How do you free up space or prevent the message from showing up ?This is what I did and I got lost:

I got lost after "Policies".I couldn't find Explorer.There's no low disk space checks.When I back click,there's no Advanced .I have an HP19 desktop with Windows 10 installed.Drive
    D is the recovery drive.

NATALIA1040, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Event ID 2013 Low disk space

low disk space

Here are a few obvious options:

1. Delete unneeded things.
    2. Increase your partition size.
    3. Replace the disk with a larger one.

Frederik Long, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Event ID 2013 Low disk space

1. Event ID 2013 Low disk space - Similar Threads - Event 2013 Low

2. low disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low disk space: I am getting low disk space warning even after disk cleanup, deleting almost everything from my laptop, doing disk repair, and optimizing. Still getting low disk space message....
  3. Low Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Disk Space: I have been getting 'low disk space' messages constantly for the last couple of weeks. My C Drive goes up and down telling me how much space is available, usually not available. Anywhere from 200+MB to 0 bytes free. I have no idea what is using the listed '99.6 GB' of storage...
  4. Low Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Disk Space: I have been getting 'low disk space' messages constantly for the last couple of weeks. My C Drive goes up and down telling me how much space is available, usually not available. Anywhere from 200+MB to 0 bytes free. I have no idea what is using the listed '99.6 GB' of storage...
  5. Low Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Disk Space: How can i increase my c- drive move space from d;drive to my c:drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/4acd3a4a-8e8a-4896-855f-3f6cb27f885a
  6. Low Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Disk Space: Hello, when I view my storage settings, it says that I have 135 gb in Apps and Features, and 44gb in Temporary Files. However, when i click on apps and features all of the apps it shows do not add up to 135 gb. When I click on my temporary files, it also doesnt add up to 44...
  7. Low disk space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low disk space: I keep on getting low disk space warning for the C: drive. I've used the disk clean up but still does not work. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/04337c13-2d8b-4b62-915b-1ec34b2886c1
  8. low disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low disk space: how to clean recovery d says low disk space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/ab73aaab-ff7a-4941-b237-bcca214b7abd
  9. Low Disk Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low Disk Space: after updated 1803 Local Disk (F), show me it's full up. How do I fixes this problem? If you can help. please send step by step information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/0995b4f7-6aba-442f-8cfd-9e6d64676453
  10. LOW DISK SPACE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOW DISK SPACE: Hello, I am unable to update windows 10 due to low disk space. The Error is : We could not update the system reserved partition. The Data (Y:) has a space of 100MB and only 1.39MB is free. Please advice . Thanks, KUNAL K...