Windows 10: Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop

Discus and support Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Surface Laptop 3 15" purchased just before Christmas. It came with Win10 Home installed along with the Office apps. I used it perhaps 4 or 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertBrowning48, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop

I have a Surface Laptop 3 15" purchased just before Christmas. It came with Win10 Home installed along with the Office apps. I used it perhaps 4 or 5 times. I was attempting to do the updates to the OS, when the laptop started freezing up, then going to a black screen, then rebooting itself all within 2 to five minutes. I just put it away to deal with after Christmas, forgot about it, and then the Pandemic hit and going to Best Buy, from where it was purchased, was not possible.
    I've just now got it out again. Did all the Win updates it said it needed, and we still have this same behavior. Every reboot is from a bugcheck according to the widows system event log, and just prior to the reboot there's always an event ID 219:
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device DISPLAY\SHP14B4\5&2481e154&0&UID256.

Researching this has provided reasons that don't apply to my situation. It will happen when absolutely no USB devices are connected. This will occur with absolutely NOTHING attached to the laptop other than the port replicator, and even if I only use the power brick that came with the laptop, with no port replicator. Other solutions reference starting the Windows Drive Foundation Service, but I have no such service!! Most individuals having a similar problem have done upgrades to Win10, whereas my laptop came with it factory installed. It does appear to happen more frequently when using MS Edge, but will still occur using Chrome, or when not even in a browser.

I have an appointment with the Geek Squad in a week, but I should think that if this is a software issue, this could be fixed without spending the money. Also, it has been suggested that the errors indicate a display issue and that could mean a hardware issue.

Any ideas??

TIA,

Bob

:)

RobertBrowning48, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Cbarnhorst, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Warning Kernel-PnP Event ID 219

I don't experience any problems with my PC, but in event viewer I got on every startup 2 warnings, they are almost identical just one number is making them different from each other. All drivers are installed properly and they are working fine, I have no idea why are those two warnings keep poping up, can someone tell me how to fix this or something, thanks.

Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop [​IMG]

Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop [​IMG]

Thermaltake, Jun 5, 2020
  4. adc555 Win User

Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop

Windows 10 Freezes on cold boot. (kernel pnp event ID 219)

Hi,

I've reinstalled the USB (chipset) drivers as you asked. In compatibility mode with Windows 7 (that was default, so I went with it)

The issue still persist on boot. But not on a restart (afaik).

I looked at the link you provided. I think my problem classifies as a hang, altough the right click menu and ctrl-alt-delete menu still work, so it's not a 'full' hang.

The problem in diagnosing this issue is that sometimes the PC boots without issues, sometimes it doesn't. The kernel npn event ID 219 is always present in the event viewer with every boot.

I tried booting with only power and displayport connected. It boots up to the desktop but doesnt react to any input. Neither the power button nor the keyboard or mouse (after plugin) react.

The event ID 219 suggest some sort of USB type fault, but I can't think of anything that would result in that issue.

All help is welcome

Kind Regards,

adc

adc555, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop

1. Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop - Similar Threads - Event 219 Surface

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. WHEA-Logger Event ID 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 3: Reinstalled Windows and started running tests. At first, the OCCT program gave the error WHEAid 19 due to incorrect RAM overclocking. I started the RAM in XMP mode and the errors disappeared i.e. the problem was RAM overclocking. But now I permanently get an error with code 3...
  4. WHEA-Logger Event ID 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 3: Reinstalled Windows and started running tests. At first, the OCCT program gave the error WHEAid 19 due to incorrect RAM overclocking. I started the RAM in XMP mode and the errors disappeared i.e. the problem was RAM overclocking. But now I permanently get an error with code 3...
  5. Event 219, Kernel-PnP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 219, Kernel-PnP: Every time I start a Windows Laptop, in the event viewer a Kernel-PnP warning appears "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification\5&1e97abaa&0&0". If I use the computer in silence without playing any...
  6. Event 219, Kernel-PnP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 219, Kernel-PnP: Every time I start a Windows Laptop, in the event viewer a Kernel-PnP warning appears "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification\5&1e97abaa&0&0". If I use the computer in silence without playing any...
  7. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  8. Event ID 219 error when a device is plugged into Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 219 error when a device is plugged into Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post we will determine the cause and then prescribe the possible solution to the error Event ID 219 when a device is plugged into a Windows 10 computer. When a device is plugged into a Windows 10 computer, [...] This post Event ID 219 error when a...
  9. generic roaming event id 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic roaming event id 3: I get 62 errors daily generic roaming event id 3. I can not find a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/generic-roaming-event-id-3/0c04b5a7-31d4-4dbf-ad7e-7a214919cc2b
  10. Warning Kernel-PnP Event ID 219

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Warning Kernel-PnP Event ID 219: I don't experience any problems with my PC, but in event viewer I got on every startup 2 warnings, they are almost identical just one number is making them different from each other. All drivers are installed properly and they are working fine, I have no idea why are those...