Windows 10: Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

Discus and support Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rene, Sep 28, 2019.

1. rene Win User

Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10.

Code:
    P.S. Windows update fails with the dreaded -Error 0x8000ffff

:)

2. Dr.Philyu Win User

The CldFlt service failed to start Windows 1703 Event ID 7000 from System log

The CldFlt service failed to start Windows 1703 Event ID 7000 from System log

Dr.Philyu, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Alberello Win User
    EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

Hi guys, same error here, no one was able to solve it?

Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed [​IMG]

Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed [​IMG]

Alberello, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

"Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

1. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed - Similar Threads - Event 257 App

2. User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65: Hello, I use windows 11 and I recently performed a reset I chose for it to wipe everything and not save personal items I had it reinstall windows locally after maybe 30 minutes or so it has finished the process I attempt to log in and am greeted by an error stating that the...
  3. User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Service Failed Event ID 65: Hello, I use windows 11 and I recently performed a reset I chose for it to wipe everything and not save personal items I had it reinstall windows locally after maybe 30 minutes or so it has finished the process I attempt to log in and am greeted by an error stating that the...
  4. Event ID 134 Time Service Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 134 Time Service Error: Microsoft Team, I believe that after months of trial and error research, I have found the source of the "Event ID 134 Time Service error on my 2 PC's. It appears to occur only when the computers awakens from "Sleep Mode". It never seems to occur if the computers are...
  5. cryptographic services

in Windows 10 Customization
    cryptographic services: today when i turned my computer on google chrome was taking a very long time despite my internet working fine so i searched around for solutions and i came across someone in a forum telling me to change the log on setting to local system account in cryptographic services and...
  6. Event Log Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log Service: When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but if I check back later I get the same message and nothing has been logged...
  7. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217: Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see "The Windows Process Activation...
  8. Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7000 - wntpport service failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7000 - wntpport service failed to start: I keep getting "Service Control Manager" error from Event Viewer that causes my computer to shut down unexpectedly: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 15/11/2018 11:47:09 PM Event ID: 7000 Task Category: None Level:...
  9. Event ID 7031 Service Control Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 7031 Service Control Manager: Hi, I check and found this annoying code in the Event Viewer... The Event ID code is the same but with different explanation and usually come in group..This happened to me usually after restart.... 1. Event ID 7031.... The Sync Host_Session1 service terminated...
  10. EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

in Windows 10 Support
    EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start: Hello there I am new here but I have this event viewer ERROR. The IOMap service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Event ID 7000 My PC SPECS: MB: Asus P9X99 Deluxe II CPU: Intel I7 6950X GPU: Titan X Pascal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the cryptographic services service failed to initialize the catalog database. the esent error was: 1805

2. capi events details id 257 Qualys

3. The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT error was: 1805.

4. exchange event 257 the cryptographic services service failed to initialize the catalog database,
  5. capi2 event id 257 The ESENT error was: 1805.