Windows 10: Event ID: 263

Discus and support Event ID: 263 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got my computer repaired, but lately I've been noticing in the event viewer, there's a warning that says "A pointer device has no information about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SebastianMiller2, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Event ID: 263

I got my computer repaired, but lately I've been noticing in the event viewer, there's a warning that says "A pointer device has no information about the monitor it is attached to." This is the same exact message I've been getting before getting my computer fixed, and that time my computer would occasionally disconnect from my mouse, keyboard, headphones, and touchscreen. I'm not experiencing any problems, but should I be concerned of this?

:)

SebastianMiller2, Aug 11, 2021

2. The description for Event ID 263 from source Win32k cannot be found

I'm facing below error frequently on my Windows 10 operating system computer. I tried with many troubleshooting steps like: "CHKDSK, SFC Check, DSM online, Windows update " but could not figure it out. please help to resolve this issue.
    OS details:
    Windows 10 Pro
    64 bit
    RAM - 20 GB

ERROR :

The description for Event ID 263 from source Win32k cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Bharat Nailwal, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

Event ID: 263 [​IMG]

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, Aug 11, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Event ID: 263

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Event ID: 263

1. Event ID: 263 - Similar Threads - Event 263

2. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power - Event ID 41: Hi, I have been getting Kernel Power 41 error since December 2023 and for the past few months, I have tried a lot of things to fix it and just came across this question from this link "May I know how to solve a kernel power 41 error as my computer keeps crashing due to this...
  3. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power - Event ID 41: Hi, I have been getting Kernel Power 41 error since December 2023 and for the past few months, I have tried a lot of things to fix it and just came across this question from this link "May I know how to solve a kernel power 41 error as my computer keeps crashing due to this...
  4. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?: I need to fetch the raw datas from the friendly view or xml view tab in details tab in event viewer. what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-raw-datas-of-event-viewer/0c472e2f-d463-4a3a-8601-89e6706c9132
  6. How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?

How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?: I need to fetch the raw datas from the friendly view or xml view tab in details tab in event viewer. what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-raw-datas-of-event-viewer/0c472e2f-d463-4a3a-8601-89e6706c9132
  7. How to retrieve the raw datas of event viewer using window log event api by cpp code?

8. What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...: Session "dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-kernel-pnp-warning-in-event-log/559adb98-d3fd-4eb9-bde4-9f57c3363737
  9. What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...

What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...: Session "dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-kernel-pnp-warning-in-event-log/559adb98-d3fd-4eb9-bde4-9f57c3363737
  10. What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...