Windows 10: Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped

Discus and support Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all! Just a quicky. Today out of the blue I got this error (see screenshot below). It means that the Circular Kernel Context logger stopped.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Win10usr, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Win10usr Win User

Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped

Hi all!

Just a quicky. Today out of the blue I got this error (see screenshot below). It means that the Circular Kernel Context logger stopped. Looking up the info, 0xC0000188 means the log file reached it max size (probably). After rebooting, the error wasn't there anymore. I am not an expert, but doesn't 'circular' mean it starts at the beginning again when the file is maxed out? Probably it did, but then it shouldn't stop in the first place. If anyone knows how such a circular process works, please tell me. Just curious Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped :) For the rest I assume I can ignore such errors since they have no other influence then just being there...?

Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped [​IMG]

:)

Win10usr, Jul 18, 2017

2. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error Since recent update.

Ive been checking the event viewer since however it only displays that

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." as critical as well as

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffbf89e9b58028, 0x00000000be000000, 0x0000000000800400). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 428a7de5-48a9-47ee-83f2-f62d45e2f27b."

This is also in warning but I think it may be unrelated, posting in case

"The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\SecondaryLogonCKCL.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 104857600 bytes."

BIG Chromer, Jul 18, 2017
  3. ConiGL Win User
    Failed to uninstall miracast

Ahhh yes, hehe like I said I am not getting any younger and you are most probably correct about the nortons uninstaller..Thank you !! one mystery solved for me. I have also removed MBAM. It did seem to be conflicting with Defender even though I had pro and
    latest version. So now it is all windows apps running and mostly all Microsoft drivers on my Dell laptop.

The clean install was done on my Acer laptop not the one I have been talking about here. That is another story though.. Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped :) It is running well now (The Acer).

The error went away about miracast. Actually I had some stuff disabled in settings and decided to reenable (Bluetooth, wifi a few other things. etc}} and the error went away. So Miracast has been straightened out but I do still get an error about Defehder
    APILogger. I tried increasing the file size through performance monitor but once it hit the file size I allotted the error started again. I also got the same error for the circular context autologger not running so I went in and increased the file size for
    this too. Then I read somewhere on these forums or another that I should be increasing the buffer size instead of the log size .I am not having any problems with running of my laptop. It always boots into windows and also wakes from sleep perfectly but I hate
    nagging problems in event viewer. Anyway if you have any ideas about performance monitor and the loggers that are throwing errors
    please share. . I do believe I am going to wipe this laptop {Dell} out too and do a clean install on it also. It gets out of warrenty soon..

Interestingly this error started today after I uninstalled MBam

Here is error for Circular Kernel Context Logger

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing

Date: 10/24/2017 8:25:39 PM

Event ID: 3

Task Category: Session

Level: Error

Keywords: Session

User: SYSTEM

Computer:

Description:

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />

<EventID>3</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>2</Task>

<Opcode>14</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-25T03:25:39.124335000Z" />

<EventRecordID>19</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="5492" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>Hummy</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SessionName">Circular Kernel Context Logger</Data>

<Data Name="FileName">C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225864</Data>

<Data Name="LoggingMode">41943168</Data>

<Data Name="FailureReason">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Date: 10/24/2017 8:25:39 PM

Event ID: 4

Task Category: Logging

Level: Warning

Computer: Hummy

Description:

The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />

<EventID>4</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<Opcode>10</Opcode>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-25T03:25:39.124333600Z" />

<EventRecordID>18</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="5492" />

<Computer></Computer>

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SessionName">Circular Kernel Context Logger</Data>

<Data Name="FileName">C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl</Data>

<Data Name="LoggingMode">41943168</Data>

<Data Name="MaxFileSize">20971520</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

And this one has been logging since windows fall creators update.

Date: 10/24/2017 1:08:59 PM

Event ID: 1

Task Category: Logging

Level: Warning

Computer:

Description:

The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to this session until space becomes available. This error is often caused by starting a trace session in real-time mode without
    having any real-time consumers.

Event Xml:

<System>

<EventID>1</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<Opcode>10</Opcode>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-24T20:08:59.661063200Z" />

<EventRecordID>15</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="112" />

<Computer> </Computer>

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SessionName">DefenderApiLogger</Data>

<Data Name="LoggingMode">411042176</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

ConiGL, Jul 18, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Hello, go to administrative tools/computer management/performance/data collection sets/ event trace session, then mouse over "circular kernel context logger"and right click and select properties, under "trace session" then uncheck enabled

That will stop the error, not sure at this point what is causing it

As long as you are not getting blue screens you can ignore it

Thema:

1. Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped - Similar Threads - Event Circular Kernel

2. WHEA-Logger Event ID 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 3: Reinstalled Windows and started running tests. At first, the OCCT program gave the error WHEAid 19 due to incorrect RAM overclocking. I started the RAM in XMP mode and the errors disappeared i.e. the problem was RAM overclocking. But now I permanently get an error with code 3...
  3. WHEA-Logger Event ID 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 3: Reinstalled Windows and started running tests. At first, the OCCT program gave the error WHEAid 19 due to incorrect RAM overclocking. I started the RAM in XMP mode and the errors disappeared i.e. the problem was RAM overclocking. But now I permanently get an error with code 3...
  4. WHEA Logger - Event ID 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Logger - Event ID 2: I am getting over 15,000 warning events notifying me of WHEA Logger - Event ID 2.The process ID points to a svchost and DPS service particularly as the issue.I restarted the DPS service which confirmed it is this service which is causing the errors to appear.The message is "A...
  5. WHEA Logger Event ID 18

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA Logger Event ID 18: Computer Type: Desktop GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: MSI B450 A Pro Max RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB X2 16GB in total PSU: Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W Case: Midtower with 1 stock fan Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 GPU...
  6. Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName...: Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl ErrorCode 3221225864 LoggingMode 41943168 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/circular-kernel-context-logger-filename/836b50f6-a94c-4ab3-8ddf-7e83093963cf
  7. Maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" reached

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" reached: Hello, I have a new computer, loving it, games are running well, my audio programs are running well. I was just looking around in event viewer (silly I know) and I saw a warning and an error for this: "The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has...
  8. Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: This file, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl", is set by default to Max 20 MB and neither circular or append options are allowed. The file, for some reason, is extremely protected. Now in my case the file grows very fast and fills the event log pretty much,...
  9. Circular Kernel Context Logger error 0xc0000188

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Circular Kernel Context Logger error 0xc0000188: Since the update to vs. 1803 I have been getting the error Circular Kernel Context Logger maximum file size has been reached & has stopped due to error 0xc0000188....
  10. "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: Hi. Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file. Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188[/quote] I have done Inplace Upgrade and also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Circular Kernel Context Logger 3221225864

2. Circular Kernel Context Logger

3. ShutdownCKCL.etl event id 3 errors

4. The maximum file size for session Circular Kernel Context Logger has been reached. As a result events might be lost (not logged) to file C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl. The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.,
  5. Circular Kernel Context Logger and Defender Api Logger,
  6. „c:\windows\system32\wdi\logfiles\shutdownckcl.etl,
  7. circular kernel context logger id 3,
  8. win 10 Event error 3 & 4 ,
  9. C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl,
  10. how to clear the Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl ,
  11. circular kernel context logger windows 10,
  12. kernel event tracing shutdownckctl,
  13. ereignis id 4 \WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl,
  14. Ereignis ID 4 Kernel-EventTracing Circular Kernel Context Logger,
  15. circular kernel context logger stopped win 10