Windows 10: Event ID 42

Discus and support Event ID 42 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell 6540 laptop that keeps going into Sleep mode, even though it is set in the Power Settings to never go to sleep. Event Viewer is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KAG PMW, Apr 6, 2021.

1. KAG PMW Win User

Event ID 42

I have a Dell 6540 laptop that keeps going into Sleep mode, even though it is set in the Power Settings to never go to sleep. Event Viewer is showing ID 42, reason battery. I have tried replacing the fan, the battery, and even the charger. None of the above have made a difference. Someone suggested using Speedfan to find out why event ID 42 is happening, but I'm really not sure how to accomplish that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Other than it going into Sleep mode, this laptop works great, so I really would hate to part with it.

:)

KAG PMW, Apr 6, 2021
  2. aziz Win User

event id 42--sleep randomly

Hello
    I do have that problem of event id 42 my pc turns to sleep randomly

aziz, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

Event ID 42 [​IMG]

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, Apr 6, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Event ID 42

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Event ID 42

1. Event ID 42 - Similar Threads - Event

2. Calendar events on my android syncing with my laptop without my knowledge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calendar events on my android syncing with my laptop without my knowledge: I discovered today, totally by accident, that somehow my laptop is syncing my calendar events with my ancient android device, without my knowledge or permission. How on earth does this happen, why, and how can I disable it?...
  3. Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Event ID: 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Event ID: 41: Hello I just built a new system and this error and blue screen keeps coming up: Can somebody please please help me to shed some light on this: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 4/22/2021 2:27:39 PMEvent ID: 41Task...
  4. Windows 10. Event 20 kernel-WHEA error

Windows 10. Event 20 kernel-WHEA error: Hello everyone, this is my first time here on this forum. I have a question to ask. Last night, I was going through my Event Viewer and came across this odd error: Event 20 Kernel WHEA error. I know it has something to do with my hardware but when I look through the...
  5. Kernel Processor Power Event 37 Followed by Crash

Kernel Processor Power Event 37 Followed by Crash: I have some experience with fixing my own stuff Windows wise, but as I'm unfamiliar with some of the shenanigans that happen when messing with the kernel, I'd rather ask around first. I've been having some infrequent crashing issues, which have often been messing with my...
  6. My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task...

My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task...: For many months now my pc has been restarting unexpectedly and I have been getting Kernal-Power Critical Errors Event Id: 41 Task Category 63. I have tried following other forums related to this but so far nothing has worked. I have also tried getting the dmp files but in my...
  7. Win 10 crashing, event ID 1001, the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Win 10 crashing, event ID 1001, the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: My computer is experiencing a crash roughly once a day, I haven't seen any BSOD yet as I'm not always on it but I'll come to it and see it's on the login page, having rebooted. I've looked in event viewing and normally it shows event id: 6008, 41, 7023, 10, and 1001. My...
  8. Windows keep freezing on certain routine events

Windows keep freezing on certain routine events: About three times a day my video and audio just freeze for about a second, being really slow and cutting the audio. When I open the event logs, I see the following event codes at the same time of the freezing: 16394, 1003 and 16384. I tried to run the svcRestartTask...
  9. Event ID 45 : The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver.

Event ID 45 : The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver.: Hello, I have been having issues shutting down my PC. It doesn't shut down, just reboots immediately after I press "shut down" I took a look in event viewer and found the following: [ATTACH] The details for event ID 45 are : The system could not sucessfully load the...
  10. Live Kernel Event 144

Live Kernel Event 144: Hello, I recently had a few issues with my PC which I have not encountered before. A couple of days ago my PC completely froze so I had to turn it off by pressing the power button. At first I checked in the Reliability Monitor and only said that the turn off was unexpected....