Windows 10: Event ID 5217

Discus and support Event ID 5217 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with WAS continuously Crashing my computer I believe, since everything freezes at once whenever I play a game or use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AidenKreider, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Event ID 5217

I've been having a problem with WAS continuously Crashing my computer I believe, since everything freezes at once whenever I play a game or use a program for an extended period of time. I look at the event logs and it says Error with Event ID 5217, 5215 and 5005. I don't know how to fix or prevent this from happening any further since I would like to just do what I like on my computer without it crashing whenever I use it.

:)

AidenKreider, Jun 17, 2020
  2. A123 Win User

How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217?

How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217 in Windows 10 Pro 1903?

3. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

Event ID 5217 [​IMG]

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, Jun 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Event ID 5217

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Event ID 5217

1. Event ID 5217 - Similar Threads - Event 5217

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer: Hello,Recently my system has been getting progressively worse. This started at the end of February. But, just today alone when I look in the event viewer I have had hundreds of errors saying "The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3...
  5. Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer

Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer: Hello,Recently my system has been getting progressively worse. This started at the end of February. But, just today alone when I look in the event viewer I have had hundreds of errors saying "The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3...
  6. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...
  7. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...
  8. Windows Activation Service fails to start with events 5217, 5215, 5005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Activation Service fails to start with events 5217, 5215, 5005: Hello, I want to use the IIS on my Win10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.508. The IIS won't start because of the WAS failing to start. The first error in the eventlog is EventID 5217, [ Qualifiers] 49152 followed by EventID 5215 [ Qualifiers] 49152 followed by EventID...
  9. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217: Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see "The Windows Process Activation...
  10. How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217?: How does one fix WAS errors with Event ID 5005, 5215 and 5217 in Windows 10 Pro 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-fix-was-errors-with-event-id-5005/f1ff0bf6-f110-4145-a3ea-3a744e7db4cc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service was windows crash 5217