Windows 10: Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error

Discus and support Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc keeps on crashing for no reason by this error for months and I have tried everything I can, I tried reinstalling windows, doing sfc /scannow and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Diego Lopez2, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error

My pc keeps on crashing for no reason by this error for months and I have tried everything I can, I tried reinstalling windows, doing sfc /scannow and other commands on cmd, making a local user account, contacting microsoft support multiple times even when they did stuff on my pc to try and fix it, and still nothing has got rid of it.The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If

:)

Diego Lopez2, Dec 1, 2022

2. Event Error 56 -Application Popup

I recently upgraded to Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48), for Windows 10. While basically pleased that everything went well with and following the version update, I am left with one unresolved Event error ID 56, that I cannot find a solution for. Below is
    a copy of the Event Details;

Log Name: System

Source: Application Popup

Date: 5/19/2018 6:56:41 AM

Event ID: 56

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP

Description:

The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the

component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation

is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the

event.
    The following information was included with the event:
    ACPI

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Popup" Guid="{47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b-29021084ca8f}"

EventSourceName="Application Popup" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49156">56</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-19T13:56:41.273175700Z" />

<EventRecordID>3514</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="208" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>ACPI</Data>

I have traced the GUID{47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b-29021084ca8f} referred to in the event log, changed permissions and ownership applied to the key, but that did not help. I also made a copy of the specific registry key, saved it, and deleted the key value
    from the registry. The same event error 56 appeared at the following restart (boot up), so replaced deleted key value with saved copy. The full text of the indicated GUID={47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b29021084ca8f}, is :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Publishers\{47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b-29021084ca8f} . While I have read this event is non-critical, it is the last and only event error I continually find, after resolving the continual
    reappearance of Event Errors 10016, by changing permissions, and would be appreciative of any help in resolving this last annoying issue.

Andy Asmussen, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Event Error 56 -Application Popup

Rob … I want to thank you for the research information I can definitely use in understanding and dealing with Event Viewer Logs. That said, I will continue to explore this anomaly, Event Error 56-Application Popup, with the reference tools you have provided.
    Suffice it to say, I can see that there is good reason to just safely ignore this repeating error event (and it is the only error now appearing following boot up .. Knock on wood), since there is no other issues I am facing. But in reading through this thread
    line, Redirecting, it just seems so odd that an exactly similar error log that this user was dealing with is exactly identical
    in most every descriptor, sans time and event record id, as the event recorded in my event log, though we are using different computers, chip sets, and mother boards. I did though find some references to the Skylake Chipset, (which I believe is the same as
    what I have, Intel Core i5 Processor), as a possible cause in creating the event error 56, there is no reason to pursue that path further as the error is seemingly nothing more than a benign entry, created most likely by a timing issue in tasks startup, as
    you previously said. That said, Rob, you can consider this problem solved. Thanks, Again.. Andy

Andy Asmussen, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error

Application Popup Event ID 56 Crash

Hi guys,

My PC freezes daily. I can only hard reboot in order to get it working again. Event Viewer (see screenshot below) shows an event just before every crash - Application Popup Error with Event ID 56.

I have had this issue ever since purchasing my PC 1 year ago and have just lived with it. I have tried resetting and reinstalling everything, nothing helps.

Any help on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tigran

Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error 62680511-2b31-4ef4-8996-e81bb9ab5dcb.png

TigranSmith, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error

1. Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error - Similar Threads - Event Application Popup

2. Error event ID 56

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error event ID 56: Occasionally when I play a game or watch a video, sometimes even when I just browse the internet - Windows hangs. The only way to resume PC's work is to click holding not needed the power button on a pc block.After the boot, in the Event manager I see following errors from...
  3. Error event ID 56

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error event ID 56: Occasionally when I play a game or watch a video, sometimes even when I just browse the internet - Windows hangs. The only way to resume PC's work is to click holding not needed the power button on a pc block.After the boot, in the Event manager I see following errors from...
  4. Error event ID 56

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. ACPI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. ACPI: Hello,I have a huge problem with my PC. Every time I put it under load my fans spin to 100%, my screen goes black, and the following is shown in event viewer:The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this...
  6. Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. ACPI

Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. ACPI: Hello,I have a huge problem with my PC. Every time I put it under load my fans spin to 100%, my screen goes black, and the following is shown in event viewer:The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this...
  7. Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error

Event ID 56 Application Popup not found error: My pc keeps on crashing for no reason by this error for months and I have tried everything I can, I tried reinstalling windows, doing sfc /scannow and other commands on cmd, making a local user account, contacting microsoft support multiple times even when they did stuff on...
  8. Event ID 56: Application Popup error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 56: Application Popup error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Event ID 56: Application Popup error keeps troubling you, then this post may be able to help you. When this error pops up, your device may shut down, or a Blue Screen of Death can appear. A notification highlighting the log name, source, event ID, level, and...
  9. Application popup error-Id 56 and then Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application popup error-Id 56 and then Kernel power 41: Hi,I am having random shutdowns on my PC from 5 mins to 12hours.Every time under event application popup appear 1 second before Kernel power.Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Popup"...
  10. Application popup error-Id 56 and then Kernel power 41

Application popup error-Id 56 and then Kernel power 41: Hi,I am having random shutdowns on my PC from 5 mins to 12hours.Every time under event application popup appear 1 second before Kernel power.Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Popup"...