Windows 10: event id 6008

Discus and support event id 6008 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I believe that event id 6008 is meant to indicate that the previous shutdown was unexpected. However on my computer it happens at odd times with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJKeetch, Feb 27, 2016.

1. DJKeetch Win User

event id 6008

I believe that event id 6008 is meant to indicate that the previous shutdown was unexpected. However on my computer it happens at odd times with successful shut downs in between. See the attached. I looked at what was happenning at 9:10:19
    on 23rd February and the computer was starting up (successfully) rather than shutting down.

:)

DJKeetch, Feb 27, 2016
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Event ID 6008

Hi Clayton,

We've noticed the post has been inactive for more than 48 hours now. May we ask if you still need assistance regarding your concern?

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Josef Bri, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Event ID 6008

Hi Clayton,

About your issue on event I.D 6008, This kind of issue may occur if the computer is locked or is configured with a password- protected screensaver. Also if the shutdown operation is initiated automatically by a program that uses the
    InitiateSystemShutdownEx function with the force flag. But for us to make sure about the issue, please run the

System File Checker
    . It is actually a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 27, 2016
Thema:

event id 6008

1. event id 6008 - Similar Threads - event 6008

2. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  3. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  4. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17: Asus A17 TUF706IU-AS76 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, GTX1660Ti 6GBI usually connect my laptop with two monitors one via HDMI and the other via the typeC port and always plug with power. My HDMI screen main screen is having all kinds of trouble when it is spare...
  6. Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17

Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17: Asus A17 TUF706IU-AS76 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, GTX1660Ti 6GBI usually connect my laptop with two monitors one via HDMI and the other via the typeC port and always plug with power. My HDMI screen main screen is having all kinds of trouble when it is spare...
  7. event veiwer 6008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event veiwer 6008: why my computer shut down unexpected?- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  8. event veiwer 6008

event veiwer 6008: why my computer shut down unexpected?- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  9. Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and: I got my laptop over a year ago and it has been having random crashes for a while. I have never been able to diagnose the problem as it happens randomly maybe once a week but almost 10 times a day when it is unplugged from my normal setup. My normal setup includes a monitor,...
  10. Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and

Random Crashes Event 6008, 41, and: I got my laptop over a year ago and it has been having random crashes for a while. I have never been able to diagnose the problem as it happens randomly maybe once a week but almost 10 times a day when it is unplugged from my normal setup. My normal setup includes a monitor,...