Windows 10: EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

Discus and support EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there I am new here but I have this event viewer ERROR. The IOMap service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Romas, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Romas Win User

EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

Hello there I am new here but I have this event viewer ERROR.

The IOMap service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified. Event ID 7000

My PC SPECS:

MB: Asus P9X99 Deluxe II
    CPU: Intel I7 6950X
    GPU: Titan X Pascal
    PSU: Corsair 1200i
    RAM: Corsair DDR 4 128GB

I do not even know if you need these PC specs to solve this problem but I am giving them anyways.

I also use a switch and a synology NAS. I think that is about it.

I would be very very greatfull if anyone could help me to solve this error. I am not very advanced in these things so if you could be very specific that would be great.

:)

Romas, Feb 9, 2017
  2. Dr.Philyu Win User

The CldFlt service failed to start Windows 1703 Event ID 7000 from System log

The CldFlt service failed to start Windows 1703 Event ID 7000 from System log

Dr.Philyu, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Jennifer Cha, Feb 9, 2017
  4. EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

Welcome to the TenForums @Romas

Could you post the message you get. The important element is the file name and location that Windows is using.

When the meassge appears use ALt + Prt Screen to capture. Paste into Paint, save and post.

If you could do the same with the info related to this even t in Event Viewer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  5. Romas Win User
    Hello there Ken,

Is this is what you need?

EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start [​IMG]

Can it be something to do with this?

IOMap64.sys Windows process - What is it?

I also tried disabling all the startup settings restart same error, Tried enabling all restart same error.

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  6. Romas Win User
    Startup soft I mean :

and device manager is all good as well those that are showing they are working fine its just I disabled them because I dont use them. Same error if they all enabled.

And my network.

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  7. Romas Win User
    forgiot to print screen this as well:

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  8. Romas Win User

I am not gettting any red message box its just in event viewer thats it. ;/

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  9. Thanks. Yes but I was expecting more info from Windows.

That said it may have provided a clue. You are getting a 7026 error prior to this and that error seems to indicate a driver failed to load.

Event ID 7026 — Basic Service Control Manager Operations

So the full out error may be the fallout and not the root cause. Can you go back and see the details in the 7026 Event.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  10. Romas Win User
    Here u go Ken *Smile Forgot to mention I dont know if it is important I do not have a cdrom drive in my PC: but that isnt a problem i think *Biggrin

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  11. Romas Win User
    When I installed my windows 10 PRO 64 bit, I have downloaded all the newest ASUS motherboard drivers except for the LAN, because when I pressed to install LAN drivers it was a saying that this new driver could not work properly with window 10 or something. But anyways I did not need it because I do not have any issues with my network.

And another thing I am not using Asus Suite 3, I did not install it becaue I dont think I need it, that thing is only for monitoring stuff on you MB ai think thats it.

The BIOS is latest. I think that is about it.

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  12. Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  13. Romas Win User

Alright I solved that 7026 event: that was saying cdrom and dam

This the solution

Can you check the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\cdrom
    At that registry key, in the right window, try changing the value data of Start to 3
    That would change to startup state to "Manual" which I believe would be the default if there is no DVD/CD ROM.

I have used for cdrom and dam set those to 3 and it dissapeared. But the event error 700 still exist here is a print screen after a restart.

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  14. Romas Win User
    This is my regedit for this IOMap

as you can see its missing the path and I have checked system32/drivers its not there no the question is where can I get it from ;/ and put it there ;/

Plus it is saying system could not find the file.

so the question is now where can I get it from ;/

Romas, Feb 10, 2017
  15. Alberello Win User
    Hi guys, same error here, no one was able to solve it?

Alberello, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

1. EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start - Similar Threads - EVENT 7000 IOMap

2. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  3. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix A service does not start error with Event ID 7000, 7011, 7009 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix A service does not start error with Event ID 7000, 7011, 7009 in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you start your Windows computer, a Service does not start, and event ID 7000, 7009 or 7011 are logged in the Windows Event […] This article Fix A service does not start error with Event ID 7000, 7011, 7009 in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed: System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10. Code: Log Name:...
  7. Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7000 - wntpport service failed to start

Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7000 - wntpport service failed to start: I keep getting "Service Control Manager" error from Event Viewer that causes my computer to shut down unexpectedly: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 15/11/2018 11:47:09 PM Event ID: 7000 Task Category: None Level:...
  8. BSOD Event ID 10016 ShellServiceHost and event 7000 !!!

BSOD Event ID 10016 ShellServiceHost and event 7000 !!!: I know there are threads about event 10016 and i tried everything i could, also grant permission to local authority NT through launch and activation permissions but it didn't work i still got the same error sometimes when i something stops working and the screen freezes a bit...
  9. Pwdspio Service Error ID 7000?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pwdspio Service Error ID 7000?: I've started getting the following pwdspio error following the upgrade. What is the pwdspio service so I can track down the error? Note the pwdspio.sys file is present in the SYSTEM32 folder. Error Service Control Manager 7000 The pwdspio service failed to start due to...
  10. Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown: Got these on my shutdown last night, I don't think I have got them before. What are they exactly? The NgcCtnrSvc service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error: The security account manager (SAM)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the iomap service failed to start due to the following error: