Windows 10: Event ID Error 157 Security Query

Discus and support Event ID Error 157 Security Query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed an Event ID Error 157 as noted below. Is it recommended to run the command bcdedit /set hypervisorschedulertype core? Log Name: System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Event ID Error 157 Security Query

I noticed an Event ID Error 157 as noted below. Is it recommended to run the command bcdedit /set hypervisorschedulertype core?

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Hypervisor
    Date: 05/09/2020 06:21:59
    Event ID: 157
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: (70368744177664)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: HPProBook
    Description:The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646 for virtual machines because HyperThreading is enabled and the hypervisor core scheduler is not enabled. To enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646 for virtual machines, enable the core scheduler by running "bcdedit /set hypervisorschedulertype core" from an elevated command prompt and reboot.

:)

Steve C, Sep 5, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

Event ID 3, 16 Security errors **RESOLVED**

Appears to be resolved, after an over-install of W10 HOME.

Shortly after a restart, the following four errors appear consistently.

Error ID 3,
    The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall.

Error ID 16 (3 instances)
    Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.

Wake ups thereafter do not generate those errors, which were never seen prior to 1803 HOME. Clues to banish them?

Windows Defender is the sole virus app; there has never been another.
    Malwarebyes/ADW are installed but run on demand only. Live monitoring is disabled..

Thanks.

borgus, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Event viewer error with event id 10016

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that you are getting an error “DistributedCOM 10016” in the event viewer logs.

• Do you face any issues on the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This problem may occur if either of the following conditions is true:

• A program with the class ID (CLSID) that appears in the message tries to start the COM component by using the DCOM infrastructure. However, the user does not have the required permissions to start the COM component.

• The Network Service account does not have the correct permissions.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in
    an event log that you can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

If you do not have any issues with app or any other program I would suggest you to ignore it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them Event ID Error 157 Security Query :)

Eagle51, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Event ID Error 157 Security Query - Similar Threads - Event Error 157

2. Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: I consistently get the event ID 157 "Disk 2 has been surprise removed." However, there is no disk 2. I have a disk 0 which is a mounted SSD for data storage and a Disk 1 which is an NVMe for the system. I have already checked the connection of both drives even though neither...
  3. Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: I consistently get the event ID 157 "Disk 2 has been surprise removed." However, there is no disk 2. I have a disk 0 which is a mounted SSD for data storage and a Disk 1 which is an NVMe for the system. I have already checked the connection of both drives even though neither...
  4. Disk has been surprise removed, Event ID 157

in Windows 10 News
    Disk has been surprise removed, Event ID 157: [ATTACH]If the Event Viewer is showing an error message called Disk has been surprise removed with Event ID 157, this article will be useful for you. Here are some of the working solutions that will troubleshoot this issue on your computer. Whether it is showing Disk 0, Disk...
  5. Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: In the event manager, I have multiple event ID 157, even though I do not have a disk 2! I checked using DISKPART > list, and it lists only my internal disks 0 and 1. I do not have an external HD connected at the moment these events are recorded, so I don't really where it...
  6. Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: In the event manager, I have multiple event ID 157, even though I do not have a disk 2! I checked using DISKPART > list, and it lists only my internal disks 0 and 1. I do not have an external HD connected at the moment these events are recorded, so I don't really where it...
  7. Event ID 157 : Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Event ID 10016 Fix Query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 Fix Query: Good day everyone, regarding to this Fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-winapps/weather-application/e4630db3-50c2-4cc5-9813-f089494a1145 for Event ID 10016. I would like to ask the instruction on number 5, when it says to apply full...
  9. Event 51 followed by Event 157 system errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event 51 followed by Event 157 system errors: For the past couple of weeks i have been receiving pages and pages of system 51 errors: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation. This is then followed by a system 157 error: "Disk 1 has been surprise removed" which results in the hard...
  10. Event ID 3, 16 Security errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event ID 3, 16 Security errors: Reboot. No errors. Wake up from first sleep, the following four errors appear consistently. Error ID 3, The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall. Error ID 16 (3 instances)...