Windows 10: Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

Discus and support Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Camera not working. Used Device Manager to access Camera and Display Adapter. Event logs say Camera opens, Display Adapter does not. List -Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peter katan, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

Camera not working. Used Device Manager to access Camera and Display Adapter. Event logs say Camera opens, Display Adapter does not. List -Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_3FB517AA&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem91.inf Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: igfxn Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x0 Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

:)

peter katan, Feb 10, 2024

2. Camera failure in Windows 10 laptop

Hey guys, I have a Dell inspiron 3576 laptop Windows 10 home version 21H2 installed on January 2022 OS build 19044.1645. So this is the Camera that came with this laptop i'm referring too. I pinned the app to my start menu and when i open it says that this device can't find the camera, most of the time. So i open device manager and there is no camera device listed. BUT what i do see is a yellow triangle way down at the bottom in Universal serial bus controllers that says Deposit descripter device failed. So i update the driver and my camera would list with all the other devices and start to work again. So my question is, Is the camera driver related to serial bus controllers and "WHY" does my camera quit working?? Thank you, larry

larry m Gordon, Feb 10, 2024
  3. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 10, 2024
  4. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

1. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop... - Similar Threads - Event List Display

2. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work in windows 10: going through the "Troubleshoot camera issues" of windows help and/or rebooting the PC used to work, still the problem was always present. Now the camera simply does not work. Device manager indicates that the device works fine, but it does not...
  3. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera does not work in windows 10: going through the "Troubleshoot camera issues" of windows help and/or rebooting the PC used to work, still the problem was always present. Now the camera simply does not work. Device manager indicates that the device works fine, but it does not...
  4. Camera does not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...: Camera not working. Used Device Manager to access Camera and Display Adapter. Event logs say Camera opens, Display Adapter does not. List -Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_3FB517AA&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem91.inf Class Guid:...
  6. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...: Camera not working. Used Device Manager to access Camera and Display Adapter. Event logs say Camera opens, Display Adapter does not. List -Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_3FB517AA&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem91.inf Class Guid:...
  7. Camera Does Not Work on Windows 10

Camera Does Not Work on Windows 10: Hey everyone, I recently purchased an HP spectre x360 about 3 weeks ago and am running into an issue with my camera. Every time I go to open the app or attempt to video chat via Teams or Skype it says that it "can't find my camera" or "no camera detected." The app prompts...
  8. Windows 10 says Ethernet adapter not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says Ethernet adapter not working: Unable to get Wi-Fi to connect so trying via Ethernet cable: now saying problem with Ethernet adapter! How to update driver without internet?? Driving me crazy, have done everything suggested in forums here, still no wifi and no Ethernet either!?...
  9. Windows 10: Device Manager does not list the 'Camera' driver

Windows 10: Device Manager does not list the 'Camera' driver: When I tried to open the Camera app, the following message text is displayed: We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it's connected.... If you need it, here is the error code.... * I've also checked in the Device Manager, the 'Camera' drive is not listed....
  10. Camera does does not work on new laptop Windows 10 HPENVYx360

Camera does does not work on new laptop Windows 10 HPENVYx360: Help, I have a Skype job interview this week. I installed skype but my laptop says there is no camera. I went to tools, settings turned everything on for microphone and camera but the camera does not seem to exist. What am I doing wrong or do I need to do?...