Windows 10: Event Log - Attached Files broken links

Discus and support Event Log - Attached Files broken links in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; With error reporting, crashes, etc, I am not seeing any files being added to specific folders except for C:\Windows\Temp. Every item in the event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tbird83ii, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Tbird83ii Win User

Event Log - Attached Files broken links

With error reporting, crashes, etc, I am not seeing any files being added to specific folders except for C:\Windows\Temp. Every item in the event viewer has "attached files" with links that start "\\?\" and then the link to the folder. Currently I am trying to troubleshoot some USB issues devices will stop worked, then restart, although afew times they have just stopped working and not come back online, and not having any .dmp items is making this process difficult.

Fault bucket LKD_0x144_INVALID_TRANSFER_EVENT_PTR_ED_1_USBXHCI!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_1022_DEV_43D5_REV_01, type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 1845a924-e7fa-416e-a45b-1ae86c86d5a4

Problem signature:
    P1: 144
    P2: 101e
    P3: ffffd300b8b7e960
    P4: 0
    P5: 0
    P6: 10_0_18363
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\USBXHCI\USBXHCI-20200327-0952.dmp
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-1693390-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE9D9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WEREA67.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WEREA85.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WEREAD4.tmp.txt
    \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER201D.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_144_1e3e4f4dcfb1e495456f74c6b791ef3ab74e04d_00000000_cab_4415462d-fc95-4282-ae28-94f3ff57d5f3

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 4415462d-fc95-4282-ae28-94f3ff57d5f3
    Report Status: 2147483648
    Hashed bucket:
    Cab Guid: 0

:)

Tbird83ii, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 27, 2020
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Azhar Win User

RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Event Log - Attached Files broken links - Similar Threads - Event Log Attached

2. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  3. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  4. Event Viewer Log Files

Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  5. BSOD error and log file attached.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error and log file attached.: Ive had a couple blue screens Im trying to get to the bottom of The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80008e2cbab, 0xffffac8118f26f60, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. Link Broken?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link Broken?: The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter. The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says: 404...
  7. BSOD question. Event log file attached. Please take a look!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD question. Event log file attached. Please take a look!: https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/wkwon_umass_edu/EWP9UbngpvNHmrHynC281BIBDTdGFUoj9WTKiaHQ2jpnBg?e=9brDn8 This is the event log file from my laptop. I dont have minidump file as the "error info collection" process do not move on from 0 % and have to force...
  8. attaching links

attaching links: I found a great pic I'd like to send to a friend in Google Maps but it has an unbelievably long address which won't copy using control a control c control v. It's also too long to copy by hand any ideas?...
  9. IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins

in Browsers and Email
    IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins: In IE tools, safety, is a link to Windows Update; its broken, says it cant find a wuapp.exe file. For some reason IE drops my log ins as soon as I leave a site. EMails, Win 10 forum, everything. It never used to. I have checked the settings and can find nothing. I do have...
  10. Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached: This has been happening since last 24 hours, My toshiba laptops shuts down automatically without showing any warning, the first it happened about 20 minutes after I turned it on , after the shutdown I again hit the power button and it started normally but after 2 minutes it...