Windows 10: Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications

Discus and support Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a difficult user who, for the last four months, has opened an incident with our internal IT help desk, claiming that he has not received the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RalphGauthier, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications

I have a difficult user who, for the last four months, has opened an incident with our internal IT help desk, claiming that he has not received the SCCM pop-up notification, warning him that his computer is going to restart in 2 hours. I would like to find an event in the Windows Event Logs that would prove that the user's system did, indeed, receive the notification so I can "educate" the user and get him to stop calling the help desk.

:)

RalphGauthier, Apr 8, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Windows apparently froze, "gap" of 26 hours between event log entries

Hi Van,

Based on your description, your wasn't properly working because when you plugged in a different monitor, it worked as it is. The reason why there are no event logs found in the span of 26 hours is that your
    CPU is up and running as expected. Windows event log is a record of a computer's alerts and notifications. Microsoft defines an event as
    any significant occurrence in the system or in a program that requires users to be notified or an entry added to a log.

That being said, faulty monitors would not be detected to the event log. Changing your monitor is a step that you have made to isolate the issue. It means that the issue is just the monitor itself and not a system crash.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications

Cannot display Notifications in Action Center after last WIN10 update

Hi Robert,

I completely missed this post!

Just wanted to know that I finally "woke up" the Action Center
    with the help of your last suggestion to change to "Tablet Mode".

This is what I did:

• Went to Settings > System > Tablet Mode
    • Changed default on sign-in from Use Desktop Mode to Tablet Mode.
    • Restarted my machine and logged back in to activate Tablet Mode.
    • Checked Notification Icon > lit with same 4 notifications displaying. Clicked and it opened!
    • Repeated Step 1 and changed from Tablet Mode to Use the Appropriate mode for my hardware.
    • Restarted machine and opened Action center in various ways (icon, WIN+A). All good!
    Now that it is working correctly, do you think it would be a good idea to Uninstall the 15063.540 Update? I do note that even after my Action Center Fix that to turn on Narrator, I hit WIN+Enter. CTRL+WIN+Enter does
    not work.

Appreciate all your help and suggestions!

Maureen

MaureenKilcoyne, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications

1. Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications - Similar Threads - Event Log entries

2. How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?: I want to delete specific entries of MS Defender event viewer logs without clearing everything. How can I do this? Will this create another log that shows me deleting some of the entries?...
  3. How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?: I want to delete specific entries of MS Defender event viewer logs without clearing everything. How can I do this? Will this create another log that shows me deleting some of the entries?...
  4. notification center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  5. SCCM: Company portal shows notifications of software center

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM: Company portal shows notifications of software center: Hi all,We are using SCCM in combination with the company portal. Software center will still pop up with notifications instead of the company portal even though the company portal is the selected software center.For example:User wants to install a new piece of software but...
  6. I had this entry show up in the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System that showed Event 47,...

I had this entry show up in the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System that showed Event 47,...: This was a long list of entries. This was when I started my computer up this morning after it froze a little earlier. I replaced one of the graphics cards that had been having issues. This was a used graphics card and I need to find out if this event entry has to do with...
  7. System Event Notification Service

System Event Notification Service: I'm getting this message when I boot up my computer: Failed to connect to a Windows service Windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from signing in. Is there an easy way to fix this? Everything I...
  8. strange entry in Aministrative Events log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange entry in Aministrative Events log: Was having trouble with W10 switching between desktop and tablet mode. Was so bad for a few days I could hardly use my computer. I looked through the windows logs to see if there were any unusual events. Found an item with a very unusual font that is difficult to read. I...
  9. Notification Center

Notification Center: Hello, today i switched off my DiscordPTB app on no notification for trying some assets cause i don't know why even i got everything my discord dont send me notification. By the way when i switched on OFF i can't put on ON cause u can see on the screen is unselectable...can...
  10. Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick: Having major issues with the notification center in Win10. After each reboot I have an app that keeps resetting to play sounds. So I turn it off in Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. Then when I reboot everything is re-enabled. Also, all of sudden I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. software center user notificaton to restart system

2. restart of the system notification by Software Center