Windows 10: Event Log error

Discus and support Event Log error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Azucho98 Win User

Event Log error

Any idea what would be causing this?

svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566.

Many instances of this error in my event log.

Running windows 10 pro with November update....

Thanks.

:)

Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015

2. event logs error

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From when is the issue persisting?

3. Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

In the meantime, please try to run the Power troubleshooter and check if the issue persists.

a. Press windows key + X key.

b. Select control panel.

c. Select troubleshooter.

d. Click system and security and run the power troubleshooter

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Amarjeet_Paul, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Internals and Diagnosis for Systems Problems

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that you can use Event Viewer application included in Windows 10 to make a note of all the significant events.
    Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in an event log that
    you can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps. If you aren't logged on as an administrator, you can change only settings that apply to your user account, and some event logs might not be accessible.

Event Viewer tracks information in several different logs. Windows Logs include:

• Application (program) events. Events are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event. An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data. A warning is an event that isn't necessarily
      significant, but might indicate a possible future problem. An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.

• Security-related events. These events are called audits and are described as successful or failed depending on the event, such as whether a user trying to log on to Windows was successful.

• Setup events. Computers that are configured as domain controllers will have additional logs displayed here.

• System events. System events are logged by Windows and Windows system services, and are classified as error, warning, or information.

• Forwarded events. These events are forwarded to this log by other computers.

Applications and Services Logs vary. They include separate logs about the programs that run on your computer, as well as more detailed logs that pertain to specific Windows services.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 4, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Event Log error

Hi,

Could be due to corrupted files.

From command prompt admin run sfc /scannow and report back the result pls.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 4, 2015
  5. Azucho98 Win User
    Ran the SFC scan - windows found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them *Sad Now what?

Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Press Windows key + X, select ‘Command prompt (Admin)’.
    In the Command prompt window, type the following commands and press enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If the repair operation is unsuccessful pls let me know.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 4, 2015
  7. Azucho98 Win User
    Scan health completed OK - restore health did not.

Error 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Event Log error

Hi,

Yeah....Thought as much.
    Do you happen to have any form of install media for the Win10 version you're running ? ISO file, USB stick or whatever.

If so, either mount the ISO file from within explorer or plug in your device and check if there's either a install.wim or install.esd file present in the sources directory (or x86, x64 directory).

Then run either of the following commands from (admin) prompt according to .esd or .wim and replace E:\ with the drive letter that your systems has assigned to it:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccessDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Make sure before you start that your source for repair corresponds with the version of the OS you're running, i.e. 10240 if you haven't upgraded yet or 1511 (10586) if you have upgraded.

I often obtain best results using a .wim file as a source but give it a go either way.

No guarantee that it will solve your problem but at least you'll then have a clean system for further troubleshooting if needed.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 4, 2015
  9. Azucho98 Win User
    I have the install DVD I created from the November update ISO. I see an install.esd file located on the DVD here:

F:\X64\sources

Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015
  10. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

OK, fine.

Give that a shot. Just make sure the path in the command line points to the right source.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 4, 2015
  11. Azucho98 Win User
    Ran this command and its telling me the source files cannot be found..?

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:F:\x64\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess

Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015
  12. Azucho98 Win User
    I also have a DVD with only the 64 bit version - Ran the following command and it completed successfully:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:F:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

I re-ran sfc /scannow. This time it was able to fix corrupt files - nothing mentioned about corrupt files that couldn't be fixed.

Anything more I should do?

Azucho98, Dec 4, 2015
  13. fdegrove Win User

Event Log error

Hi,

Great.
    Now rerun sfc /scannow and see if it still reports errors. It normally doesn't.

If afterwards eventlog still throws up the same errors then we'll just have to dig deeper to find the source of it.

best, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 4, 2015
  14. Azucho98 Win User
    I re-ran sfc /scannow and it didn't find any corrupt files.

I no longer see the error filling up the event log so corrupt files must have been it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Azucho98, Dec 5, 2015
  15. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

My pleasure.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Event Log error

1. Event Log error - Similar Threads - Event Log error

2. warnings and errors in event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    warnings and errors in event log: On both of my computers that are running Windows 11 I have found numerous warnings and errors in the event log. Has anyone else experienced this and do I need to be concerned....
  3. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  4. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  5. Error in Event log, Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in Event log, Event ID 10016: So my laptop been crashing very often for last week, I never had the chance to take the photo of the blue screen, its lightning fast to restart. I have seen this in my event log and wonder if it has anything to do with it. I have seen kernel errors, battery errors and this...
  6. AllJoyn Event Log Error

AllJoyn Event Log Error: Please explain the cause of the following error on my laptop Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1 Laptop Intel R Core TM i5-10210u 8 GB RAM Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 Windows Feature Exp Pack 120.2202.130.0 AllJoyn encountered an error 0x4 in module IPNS, file...
  7. Strange Event Error logged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Event Error logged: This error logged has been identified on a machine on the network running Windows 10. What could be the cause, I have never heard of CVE 53 Event ID 2 Log Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations Kernel Mode Type Warning Message Possible detection of CVE: 53 Additional...
  8. ESENT error in event log

ESENT error in event log: Can someone please explain the following event log error svchost 5776,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log -1023 (0xfffffc01) Thanks Russell...
  9. P2P Event Log error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P2P Event Log error: Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Error pops up from time to time. All articles addressing the issue have been studied, but none has offered a reason. It's a benign error in the Kernel-Event Tracking log, which can be disabled to hide the...
  10. New Error in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    New Error in Event Log: Anybody know how to fix this issue please? The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user...