Windows 10: Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

Discus and support Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello people! My PC started out of a sudden registering a hell lot of Event Log files usually in the pattern "Application_<some serial number>" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FPatente, Nov 6, 2019.

1. FPatente Win User

Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

Hello people!

My PC started out of a sudden registering a hell lot of Event Log files usually in the pattern "Application_<some serial number>" or "Microsoft-Windows-<some thing>-<some serial number>" and paired up with "AppxErrorReport_<serial>.txt" files.

I noticed it when I started receiving "No hard disk space available" messages.

I just keeps creating the files until OS HD is full even if I delete them or restart the computer. Could not track the origin of this.

Using Win10 Home.

Please help! T_T

:)

FPatente, Nov 6, 2019

2. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled
    Object Access auditing and are already seeing Handle Manipulation events (i.e. event id 4656) flooding our Security log even though we have not configured auditing at the file level for ANY of the files in question.
    A lot of forums mention disabling Audit File System and Audit Handle Manipulation events to ensure the 4656 events do not flood the Security log; however, we want to be able to see these events for the files that we configure auditing for (at the
    file level), but not for any other files which were not configured for auditing at the file level.
    We do not have Global Object Access Auditing configured.

iggygatton, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

1. Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp - Similar Threads - Event Log files

2. a flood of incidents in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a flood of incidents in event log: hello.i currently have a flood of incidents appearing in the event log.this is a new built pc.they seem to appear about 1-5 incidents a minute.all my drivers are uppdated.i have experienced a few blue screens and random shutt down's on my computer but not often. dont know if...
  3. a flood of incidents in event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a flood of incidents in event log: hello.i currently have a flood of incidents appearing in the event log.this is a new built pc.they seem to appear about 1-5 incidents a minute.all my drivers are uppdated.i have experienced a few blue screens and random shutt down's on my computer but not often. dont know if...
  4. a flood of incidents in event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder: Hi,Every 5 minutes or so, 11 .evtx files are generated in C:\Windows\Temp. One evtx starts with SystemOne evtx starts with ApplicationThe the rest are Microsoft-Windows- followed...
  6. Windows spamming event logs in temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spamming event logs in temp file: Hi there,I'm coming to you today because i really ran out of ideas.For 3 months now, every 7 minutes precisely, windows creates 12 event logs and one .txt file, for roughly 600Mo per hour.I checked the error code in the txt file, looked it up on the internet, and it says...
  7. Windows spamming event logs in temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spamming event logs in temp file: Hi there,I'm coming to you today because i really ran out of ideas.For 3 months now, every 7 minutes precisely, windows creates 12 event logs and one .txt file, for roughly 600Mo per hour.I checked the error code in the txt file, looked it up on the internet, and it says...
  8. Windows spamming event logs in temp file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 tempo folder with AppXDeploymentserver event log temp file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 tempo folder with AppXDeploymentserver event log temp file.: Hi, I have Microsoft surface 2 note book and recently start filling disk space with AppXDeploymentserver.temp event log file and fill up my disk space. Is there any one have any idea to resolve the issue? Many thanks, Preyash Parekh...
  10. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events: We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled Object Access...