Windows 10: Event log filled with WPNConnectionFailure

Discus and support Event log filled with WPNConnectionFailure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having some internet issues where connection is lost for 3-4 minutes and the cable modem restarts. The event viewer is filled with the logs below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by apb992, Oct 31, 2015.

1. apb992 Win User

Event log filled with WPNConnectionFailure

Having some internet issues where connection is lost for 3-4 minutes and the cable modem restarts. The event viewer is filled with the logs below usually before the internet disconnects. I'm wondering if this is the cable modem's fault and Windows just reporting what's happening, or if the computer itself is causing the cable modem to restart.

Code: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: WPNConnectionFailure Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: Data Fast-Reconnect P2: 8004acb1 P3: WNP P4: Unknown P5: Unknown P6: Unknown P7: 1 P8: 242 P9: P10: Attached files: These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Data Fast-Reconn_948082bbf1a964363bb623d89e8361737c0fd49_00000000_12253bec Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: d6e0a261-80a9-11e5-bfcc-6245b4e75b75 Report Status: 96[/quote] Code: Version=1EventType=WPNConnectionFailure EventTime=130908637623185983 Consent=1 UploadTime=130908638701733410 ReportFlags=256 ReportIdentifier=9934434f-80a9-11e5-bfcc-6245b4e75b75 Response.type=4 Sig[0].Name=Scenario Sig[0].Value=Data Fast-Reconnect Sig[1].Name=Error Result Sig[1].Value=8004acb1 Sig[2].Name=Error Source Sig[2].Value=WNP Sig[3].Name=Protocol Sig[3].Value=Unknown Sig[4].Name=Proxy Type Sig[4].Value=Unknown Sig[5].Name=Interface Type Sig[5].Value=Unknown Sig[6].Name=Platform Role Sig[6].Value=1 Sig[7].Name=Geo Id Sig[7].Value=242 DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.10240.2.0.0.256.48 DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID DynamicSig[2].Value=2057 FriendlyEventName=Windows Push Notifications Connectivity Quality of Service Event ConsentKey=WPNConnectionFailure AppName=wpnprv.dll AppPath=C:\WINDOWS\wpnprv.dll ApplicationIdentity=00000000000000000000000000000000[/quote] To give you an idea of how frequent the log entries are (there are lots of them)

Event log filled with WPNConnectionFailure [​IMG]

:)

apb992, Oct 31, 2015
  2. tboss70 Win User

Activation of WindowsDefaultLockScreen failed: eventID 3864 and 3863

I believe I have the exact same issue. Same error in event logs but mine fill the logs when my PC wakes from sleep mode and I go to login. It sputters and hangs at the login screen for a bit then finally logs me in. Once logged in the events stop filling
    the event log so it does appear to happen after the PC had been in sleep mode.

tb

tboss70, Oct 31, 2015
  3. DistributedCOM Errors Filling my Event Log

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if a program with the class ID (CLSID) that appears in the message tries to start the COM component by using the DCOM infrastructure. However, the user does not have the required permissions to
    start the COM component.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are you facing any issues while using the computer normally?
    • Is the error message getting displayed in Event log only?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to refer to the below link on troubleshooting on DCOM and check if it helps.

Troubleshooting DCOM

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 31, 2015
  4. apb992 Win User

Another log in the event viewer mentions this. It usually triggered when a torrent client is running

apb992, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Event log filled with WPNConnectionFailure - Similar Threads - Event log filled

2. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  3. Intermittent freezes when using some programs, event viewer log is filled with event ID...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent freezes when using some programs, event viewer log is filled with event ID...: HelloI had an issue with a graphics driver about a month ago, which I managed to fix by downloading a new driver and installing it again in safe mode.However I have occasionally had issues like I am today where programs like steam, discord and vivaldi will suddenly stop...
  4. Intermittent freezes when using some programs, event viewer log is filled with event ID...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent freezes when using some programs, event viewer log is filled with event ID...: HelloI had an issue with a graphics driver about a month ago, which I managed to fix by downloading a new driver and installing it again in safe mode.However I have occasionally had issues like I am today where programs like steam, discord and vivaldi will suddenly stop...
  5. Intermittent freezes when using some programs, event viewer log is filled with event ID...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Event Log > Security Event ID 5156 and 5158 filling it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log > Security Event ID 5156 and 5158 filling it up: I am trying to use a Powershell scanner in PDQ Inventory which runs a PS1 and enter the returning data into the asset that scans the Security log for log on and log off events. The script then enters the data into that asset which allows us to see who has been using it and...
  7. Event Log > Security Event ID 5156 and 5158 filling it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Log > Security Event ID 5156 and 5158 filling it up: I am trying to use a Powershell scanner in PDQ Inventory which runs a PS1 and enter the returning data into the asset that scans the Security log for log on and log off events. The script then enters the data into that asset which allows us to see who has been using it and...
  8. Event Log > Security Event ID 5156 and 5158 filling it up

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Archive Security Event Logs Filling HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Archive Security Event Logs Filling HD: I don't know what caused it but I am seeing a massive amount of logs that aren't clearing themselves. I don't know if someone set something in group policy to monitor something and forgot but I don't see anything abnormal. I have gone to 10 computers, all of ours are Win 10,...
  10. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e